I can't believe I ALREADY went over my calories AGAIN

Options
I guess that chicken rice veggie bowl was a bad idea. I can't believe I spent almost 30$ at the gym on food and drinks just to go over my calories. At least I am super full right now and I still have half of my chicken bowl left. Guess I just need to pop in my Kendra workout tape ( dang that's a lot of cardio) to make up for the calories I went over and make sure I eat nothing else other than my chicken bowl.

Replies

• GenoBernhardt
    GenoBernhardt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its always tomorrow...we all go over sometimes. I use a calorie tracker and it's just a lil redundant but when you dont go over your calories it's pretty cool. Good luck!
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I just started planning my meals out the evening before. I am on 1200 cal., so I set up a whole day menu for 1200 cal that meets all of my nutritional goals and then as I complete my exercise for that day, I add in the calories and eat part of them back. This is making my life so much easier. I don't get to the I AM STARVING mode and freak out and just grab the closest thing. I have a plan and know exactly what I am supposed to be doing. Sometimes a wrench gets thrown in like eating out at the spur of the moment, but life does that to you and it is ok as long as you try to make the healthiest choices you can. I also find that I am not throwing away fresh produce because with a little planning, everything gets eaten while it is fresh! My diary is open!
  • KeishaGettinFit
    Options
    I just started planning my meals out the evening before. I am on 1200 cal., so I set up a whole day menu for 1200 cal that meets all of my nutritional goals and then as I complete my exercise for that day, I add in the calories and eat part of them back. This is making my life so much easier. I don't get to the I AM STARVING mode and freak out and just grab the closest thing. I have a plan and know exactly what I am supposed to be doing. Sometimes a wrench gets thrown in like eating out at the spur of the moment, but life does that to you and it is ok as long as you try to make the healthiest choices you can. I also find that I am not throwing away fresh produce because with a little planning, everything gets eaten while it is fresh! My diary is open!

Thanks. That's great advice. It's kinda confusing for me. Some ppl are saying its bad to go over, than other ppl say its bad to stay under. I' have 1200 cal a day too. I'm not trying to lose weight as much as I'm trying to lose body fat. So what's better? Under or over? Is it really supposed to be EXACTLY 1200 cal?
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Stay on here long enough and you will find everyone has a different opinion. For me, I try to get as close (give or take a few calories) to 1200 net calories. The other thing is to make sure the calories are quality calories to keep you filled up. If you eat all your calories in carbs and no proteins, you will not be ready for the long haul of making it through the day. I am not anti-carb and just try to eat a variety of foods. Mixing it up keeps you from getting bored with the whole process too.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    1200 calories isn't enough. It's the worst. When I ate at 1200 calories I never had enough energy for anything and the amount of food you get to eat is ridiculous.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Thanks. That's great advice. It's kinda confusing for me. Some ppl are saying its bad to go over, than other ppl say its bad to stay under. I' have 1200 cal a day too. I'm not trying to lose weight as much as I'm trying to lose body fat. So what's better? Under or over? Is it really supposed to be EXACTLY 1200 cal?

If you are trying to lose body fat, 1200 calories may be too much of a cut for you. Here's an great read that might give you some ideas of different ways to approach this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • KeishaGettinFit
    Options
    1200 calories isn't enough. It's the worst. When I ate at 1200 calories I never had enough energy for anything and the amount of food you get to eat is ridiculous.

So basically my only option is lots and lots of cardio? Sinse that is the way to earn extra calories right?
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options

So basically my only option is lots and lots of cardio? Sinse that is the way to earn extra calories right?

I don't think 1200 is enough for anyone. Look for a tdee calculator and find out what you should actually be eating.
  • motal003
    motal003 Posts: 28
    Options
    Good luck girl. Burn those damn calories off.
  • KeishaGettinFit
    Options
    That's where I got the 1200 calories from. I
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Willpower