Bridesmaid Challenge Week 1

Options
Hey all you soon-to-be Bridesmaids! What are your goals for this week?

For me - I'm going to trick my kids and myself into exercising at least 5X this week for at least 30 minutes. Today we played 'static tag' - basically we just shuffled around the family room in our sock feet as fast as we could and shocked each other - LOL

Weight wise, I would like to be down to 213

Weekly Challenge - How many flights of stairs can you walk this week?

Replies

• ekpattison
    Options
    I'm going to be a bridesmaid and I'm trying to lose weight for that as well--when is the wedding?

my goal is to get to the gym 6 days this week.
  • MartyneC
    MartyneC Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a bridesmaid in THREE weddings this year! I plan on being active almost everyday in some way. Zumba is a MUST - taking class at least 4 days a week! The first wedding is the end of August so there's time!
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    Bump:)
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I found the thread... I'm bridesmaid for a close friend's wedding on March 26 and I'd like to lose 10-15lbs by then. My challenge this week is to drink 8 glasses of water a day and to lose 2 lbs...

Also to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night... :)
  • humpalc
    Options
    Yay, happy to see more bridemaids jumping on board :) To any other bridesmaids reading this thread - this isn't a closed group - feel free to jump in any time for support making it to the 'big day' LOL
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yay im so happy i found this thread. Im going to be the maid of honor for my best friend july 30th and want to look super hot. My goal this week is to lose 1.5-2 pounds down to 216. I want to get down to 175 by the wedding... hopefully i can do it! Good luck all you other bridesmaids!!!!
  • humpalc
    Options
    thunt - it looks like we have similar goals/timeline :) I feel a little silly HOPING to have to spend a pile of money altering my dress down to a smaller size - but in all honesty, I hope they have to remake the whole darn thing - LOL

Good luck!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    My friend's wedding is in July and although I am not a bridesmaid (she actually doesnt have any)...I still want to look hott by then
    Actually she is the reason I was able to re-focus ad try again at losing weight because around summer last year I had almost given up...
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Yay im so happy i found this thread. Im going to be the maid of honor for my best friend july 30th and want to look super hot. My goal this week is to lose 1.5-2 pounds down to 216. I want to get down to 175 by the wedding... hopefully i can do it! Good luck all you other bridesmaids!!!!

My friends wedding is July 30 too :flowerforyou:
  • country
    country Posts: 57
    Options
    I’m a bridesmade in my brothers wedding sometime in August and I want to loose as much as possible by then sooooo 30-40lbs.
  • thunt1990
    Options
    thunt - it looks like we have similar goals/timeline :) I feel a little silly HOPING to have to spend a pile of money altering my dress down to a smaller size - but in all honesty, I hope they have to remake the whole darn thing - LOL

Good luck!

Its going to be hard but we can do it! The dress not fitting is the part im most worried about. The bride said i can buy it in May and then get it altered before the wedding but im still worried it wont fit correctly haha. Did you already have to buy the dress?
  • thunt1990
    Options

My friends wedding is July 30 too :flowerforyou:

Wow that must be a popular date! We both have the same deadline then lol :smile:
  • humpalc
    Options
    I had to be measured before Christmas! It is a $240 dress, luckily, the bride is paying half for us (they are paying for tuxes, and the flower-girl dresses, too - luckily, since my hubby and all 3 girls are in it - it would have been a spendy weekend!)
  • thunt1990
    Options
    Wow that is crazy expensive! I hope ours arent that much. Thats nice the bride is paying part of it though. Sounds like a fun time since you all are going to be in it. I feel like all i talk about is the wedding lately haha
  • natl27
    natl27 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm maid of honor for my sister's wedding on June 18th. I'd like to lose 25 pounds before then.
    My goal for this week is to go to the gym at least 5 times.
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Luckily I don't have to buy the dress until closer to the date and she said all of us women in the bridal party can choose together and get something off the rack... lol! Yay... hopefully the other girls don't go for anything too expensive...

I did however buy a dress already for the hens night! And I hope to be so thin that I have to take it in everywhere! Lol...
  • thunt1990
    Options
    Ok girls how did we do on our goals last week? I hit mine today weighing in at 216. Keep up the hard work everyone!!! :happy: