need direction

Options
I'm new to planned exercise and was looking for advise and direction. Let me start by explaining what I'm working with and what my goal is:

I'm 25 165 lbs at 5'8. I haven't been active in a while other then walking around at work. I don't believe I'm overweight but I do have a slight belly. not large enough to see when I have a shirt on but it's there. my daily diet usually consists of a coffee for breakfast, some sort of fast food for lunch, and normally a sit down restaurant for dinner. ( unless I work late then it's a drive through on the way home.)

My goal is to flatten my belly and greatly increase my stamina. Not being active in exercise has sapped my endurance greatly. I get winded pretty easy to be 25.

I realize this is gonna require exercise and a dramatic change in diet. However i don't know where to start, what I'm asking is recommended workouts and what I need to be eating. There is an LA Fitness up the road that has a pool, I thought that might be a good place to start but wasn't sure.

It would be a great help if someone more versed could point me in the right direction. thanks

Replies

• moolovesme
    moolovesme Posts: 33
    Options
    Try reading the articles that are linked at the bottom of this page http://www.nerdfitness.com/resources/.

For diet, you might want to start with "A Beginner’s Guide to Healthy Eating", and you can use MFP to track the calorie intake.

For exercise, it would depend on what is most convenient and fun for you. You can work out at home with DVDs or at the gym, or go running outside, it doesn't matter, as long as it's something you enjoy, and it's something you're willing to do consistently. You can check out fitnessblender.com for home workouts. You can also try the articles under "Free workout routines" in the link I showed you above. Find what works for you.

Good luck!
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Start here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

This has excellent information for a beginner. Good luck!