Not new, but restarting.

Options
Rachel101511
Rachel101511 Posts: 35 Member
I started at 215lbs back at the end of 2007. I lost 90lbs and got to 125. I had a huge ordeal with becoming "too comfortable", got a new boyfriend who worked in fast food, then worked with food myself... gained some weight.. then the relationship became abusive... soooo... I stress ate. I gained so much weight back its painful. I met my now fiance three years ago.. and I have no idea how much I weighed then. I know I hit the 200s... I thought I would lose weight, but in reality I gained even more! I started using MFP a few years ago, and then used it again a few months ago.

As of March 2014 I was 270. Now I am 248.

I just put my order in tonight for my BodyMedia armband (an early birthday gift from my fiance and my mom) and I'm so excited to start using it and get back to business and lose the rest of this weight.

I went a couple months not using MFP and I havent really lost any weight, and I know when I'm here, I have an amazing support system, and friends, and I love helping others... so I'm back in business. I just need some help to start again.

THIS PICTURE.... JUNE of LAST YEAR is me on the right, and on the left is me a couple of weeks ago. I have NO idea how much I weighed a year ago, but I'm thinking I weighed more than 270.

http://tinypic.com/r/14ob236/8

Replies

• Blufae
    Blufae Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi! I'm always looking for active friends!!! It's what keeps me motivated. Feel free to add me if you like ????
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Add me and I'll cheer you on!!!
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The second time should be easier, because you KNOW you can do it.

We will be pulling for you!

BTW...did you have a lot of lose skin when you shrunk down? If so, did it get tighter over time or did you do anything about it?
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    You can do this. Just keep trying everyday and be nice to yourself if you slip up.
    Good luck to you.
  • KingstonJack3
    KingstonJack3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    restarting as well! But this time my wife to be is doing this with me! Welcome back feel free to add me I need some accountability buddies!
  • _Anne_
    _Anne_ Posts: 4
    Options
    Welcome back. You can do this and this time, do it for you....and keep doing it for you. Wishing you the very best of luck.
  • fifipink
    fifipink Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also restarting. Feel free to add me... And good luck!
  • rachelh37
    rachelh37 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I am re-starting too. Great to see that I'm not alone! :smile: Only been back for one week so no weight loss yet :(
  • beckywilliams1967
    beckywilliams1967 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm restarting too!! Feel free to add me. The more the merrier. I've not been on here for several months but I'm back and have weighed myself this morning. Not good but could be worse.
    Good luck!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    you have made great progress so far...well done... I know what it is to have done it before then gone back to the fat, add me if you like! :flowerforyou:
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I re-started last week, because even when I try on my own, I only really manage to lose and keep it off with MFP and the support system it provides.

I'll add you - so we can support each other X
  • drewba13
    drewba13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in '12 and just restarted myself. I'm on a 7 day streak so far, feel free to add me.
  • Munch_kins
    Munch_kins Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in Jan then decided to stop using it for some reason. So I'm back now, feeling serious about changing up my diet and life. Anyhow I'm looking for friends for inspiration and just to keep me on track. All invites welcome :)
  • kipper5
    kipper5 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey- you can do this!! Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • Sim123one
    Sim123one Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You did it once, you can do it again :)

All the best and good luck!
  • DonnaAnn64
    DonnaAnn64 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I , yet again.. am restarting also. I need a kick in the butt!!! Feel free to add me.
  • jwat90
    jwat90 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :smile:
  • Rachel101511
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses!!! I'm not on the computer much, but I use the APP on my phone a lot, but the APP makes it so I can't see the responses on the forum. So sorry for the delay but thanks a bunch!!!

And to the person who asked above this... YES, I had an issue with loose skin when I lost all my weight the first time. Problem was... I wasn't really thin long enough to notice if it changed or not. I kind of went from fat... to skinny... to fat... all within like 2 years. So its quite possible loose skin won't be an issue in the long run, but in the short term that I dealt with.. it sucked.
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You can do it. I restarted a couple of weeks ago and have already lost 10 pounds. We know what to do and we just need to do it. I sent you a friend request. We can motivate each other.
  • Rachel101511
    Options
    14ob236.jpg