Heart Rate Monitors on your PHONE!

Options
"If you have an Android, blackberry or iPhone save money and buy yourself a bluetooth capable HRM belt and use your phone. It will link with the belt and give you all the information you need using the GPS on your phone"....

I am trying to find the best one. There are two that caught my eye one is (Edomondo) $3.95 and the other is (sportstracker)$9.99. Do you guys have any suggestions??? (Android)

Replies

• Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Would love to find out more about this! I want one too! Are they as accurate as the Polar heart rate monitors?
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Yes they are :)
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    Sports tracker is actually free the pro version is $9.53
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    There is a free app, Instant Heart Rate by Modula that I downloaded. It had good ratings and it does seem quite accurate!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Thats interesting...good to know when my Polar dies..if ever.
  • nhuie
    nhuie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Are the two you mentioned (Edomondo and Sportstracker) for the Droid? I couldn't find them for my iPhone. I see the Instant Heart Rate, but I don't think it works with an HRM belt. You put your finger on the camera and it measures your HR that way. I would love to find something that reads it from the belt!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    Just type in heart rate monitor and it will give you more
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    Did you find it?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    They're not accurate at all. Already checked it out.
  • nhuie
    nhuie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find the two you mention, but I found a few more on my iPhone that look pretty good. ithlete HRM ($9.99) works with any chest strap as well as iCardio ($14.99). I'm going to look into those two to see if i can find other reviews.
  • kuechletwins
    kuechletwins Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm really wanting to know more about this too....I was looking at icardio - just wondering if it really works!
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    Sound good, but I can not use because of my pacemaker inplant. But I did find a good one for your wrist... it made by MIO.. it pretty much right on the money for me. I pick it up a Big 5 sporting good and this is the same that Dr. Phil recommed too.
    Barb