So MFP v Slimmingworld

Options
HELP!, I am so confused,
MFP gives a target of 1200 calories!
Slimming world says you can eat as much as you like of their syn free food
So I eat all syn free and follow extra easy but still dont achieve 1200 calories
Or if I add my daily aloowance of syns I am over 1200 and then MFP says I am eating too much!
What do I do?????:cry:

Replies

• LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Unless "syn free food" is made of water or air, it's got some energy in it. I assume it's something like carrots, lettuce etc. You didn't get overweight by eating too many carrots, but they could derail your weight loss if you're not careful.

Sorry, you're going to have to track them.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I think you should pick 1 program and stick with it. Makes life a little easier.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I think you should pick 1 program and stick with it. Makes life a little easier.

agreed.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    If slimming world is working and you find it easier to stick to then this might be a better option for you.
  • CuckooGoose
    CuckooGoose Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comments

Yes I will stick to one as each one contradicts the other, as in all diet plans, I just thought that as SW is suppose to be healthly eating rather than a diet I would try and use their eating plans but count the calories at the same time. Obviously this isnt working, so I am going to concentrate on MFP

My only other stumbbling block is, I use a fit bit to count my steps and have it connected to MFP account, so if I burn more calories than my goal I get allocated extra calories, however when I connected 'map my ride app' it started to deduct calories I was allowed.

Oh dear this is so complicated, why cant the weight come off as easy as it goes on LOL
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Also you can probably eat more than 1200 - this is a generic amount produced when you say you want to lose 2 lbs a week. - Check out the sexy pants thread if you are interested in using MFP further
  • Booda101
    Booda101 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    As with the diet plan, perhaps you should just stick with one app.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comments

Yes I will stick to one as each one contradicts the other, as in all diet plans, I just thought that as SW is suppose to be healthly eating rather than a diet I would try and use their eating plans but count the calories at the same time. Obviously this isnt working, so I am going to concentrate on MFP

My only other stumbbling block is, I use a fit bit to count my steps and have it connected to MFP account, so if I burn more calories than my goal I get allocated extra calories, however when I connected 'map my ride app' it started to deduct calories I was allowed.

Oh dear this is so complicated, why cant the weight come off as easy as it goes on LOL

go to settings, Then Diary Settings , then uncheck the box for enable negative calories adjustments.
  • emmaroid1981
    emmaroid1981 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Agreed, you cant mix different diets as they work on different principles. Stick with one diet and you will get results.
  • CuckooGoose
    CuckooGoose Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ooh, settings changed, thank you, I didnt know about that :blushing:
  • Grouse1965
    Options
    Hi I recently came off weight watchers as not losing any weight I start here a week ago love the site but no weight loss again! I workout three times a day I eat all my excess calories what am I doing wrong! Desperate for help 5 st to loose and I did my first week on fitness pal and gained 1.2 pounds! Does the amount of carb protein fat matter if you are eating the right amount of calories? I can some days have an extra 1500 calories due to exercise! Help anyone before scales learn how to fly!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi I recently came off weight watchers as not losing any weight I start here a week ago love the site but no weight loss again! I workout three times a day I eat all my excess calories what am I doing wrong! Desperate for help 5 st to loose and I did my first week on fitness pal and gained 1.2 pounds! Does the amount of carb protein fat matter if you are eating the right amount of calories? I can some days have an extra 1500 calories due to exercise! Help anyone before scales learn how to fly!

start your own thread, dont crash someone elses!