Found this 1300 Calorie Diet...

Options

Replies

• Lowcarb3
    Lowcarb3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If i may give you some advice.
    Diets don't work. At 1300 calories what you'll do is slow down you metabolism and than putt all the weight back you have lost.
    Increase you"re calories and exercise more.
  • Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    If i may give you some advice.
    Diets don't work. At 1300 calories what you'll do is slow down you metabolism and than putt all the weight back you have lost.
    Increase you"re calories and exercise more.
    I was just following MFP's recomendation of consuming 1290 calories to lose 2lbs a week. Of coarse if I exercize I would eat more. If I don't exercize I will still have a calorie deficit. However I've just recently discovered that I cannot maintain on a 1300 calolrie diet. I have no energy and I just feel like sitting around and I get SUPER hungry and want to start to binge. If I add at least 300 calories on that I feel soooo much better. If I exercise I add more. As long as I don't go over 2100 calories I should still lose weight!!! That's just me though people. You all have to figure out what is working best for you. Good luck!!!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. I noticed it has food on it that i like and most diets do not.
  • ErnieM88
    ErnieM88 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    this is great for someone who is not sure what to eat or needs some more ideas. Thanks :) I might incorporate the calorie/meal size idea of it
  • rosetat74
    rosetat74 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lesgomez
    lesgomez Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks! Over the years, I have lost sight of what food portions look like. This is a welcome start, many of the foods on this list are part of what I consume daily (in much greater proportion!). I am going to work on a menu for a week and give it a go!
    Thank you!
  • SizzleChicken
    SizzleChicken Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome! How do I save this...or can I do that? I am so lost on my diet right now...
  • jacquelinelamar
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting :smile:
  • dayyyummm
    dayyyummm Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    What happens when you get bored of it? Eat the same as before and watch the pounds pile on?

It's probably helpful if you need structure to start with, but I'd die from lack of variety. There is so much wonderful, healthy, tasty food out there, and at some point you're going to want to eat most of it. I'm not sure this would help build the habits that let you eat the variety and keep the weight off..
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    What's with the portions? Bunny food. Half of an English muffin? Why?
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Too much fat free junk...
  • mgj77
    mgj77 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post I know I do better with structure or some sort of guidelines I appreciate the time you took to post this
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the post. (From Chicago)
  • janethinch
    janethinch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I found some of the recipes really helpful
  • reachingforarainbow
    reachingforarainbow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Joanjett88
    Joanjett88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • JessByrdy
    JessByrdy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    tagging for lateer!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    here's my 1300 calorie diet. Way more fun:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/nicsflyingcircus

106 carbs, 53 fat, 128 protein, 30 fiber!!
  • vee81775
    Options
    To Nicsflyingcircus: Not to be rude or anything, but your sample diet is not very healthy. First of all, you are not giving yourself the nutrition you need in the morning and because of this, you end up consuming most of your calories of the evening. I understand that this diet may work for you, but for most people it just wouldn't cut it. Also, there are just way too many unhealthy food choices...nobody needs a hamburger AND a chicken breast at one meal. Most days, your calorie count exceeds 1300 calories, so it wouldn't be appropriate for somone needing a 1300 calorie diet.