Wanting to eat everything...Willpower help please!

Options
Ever have one of those days where you want to eat everything in sight? Every month, there are a few days where I just can't stop thinking about eating. I work from home so it's very easy to go to the kitchen and find food to eat, including junk food (which I usually can just have one serving of the other days of the month). I only have 1210 calories per day so I get derailed and go way over. What do you do when you have days like this? How do you strengthen your willpower?

Replies

• Hybrice
    Hybrice Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I REALLY do feel your pain, I started going back into the offices just to get away from this. I used to work at home, eat poor breakfasts and relatively convenient food all day, I'd really recommend getting out of the house, finding somewhere you can work in peace so you can get a little exercise and help curb the cravings. If that isn't an option for you I'd say stock up on healthy snacks, low sugar fruits like raspberries and strawberries (not banana's! too much sugar) and every time you have ubercravings just have some of those, perhaps with some low fat flavored yoghurt - my fav snack and insanely low calories.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    have a week at maintenance, simple.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    A couple of things - (I work from home too so I do understand0:

First, don't buy the junk food. If it's not there - you can't eat it.

Next, make sure your meals have enough protein and fat for satiety. If not, add some - especially to breakfast and lunch.

Next, have some healthy and low cal snacks (veggies and hummus, string cheese, etc.)

You may want to double check your calorie goal. With only 2 more lbs to lose - you should be eating at a level near maintenance. I'm guessing your BMR is higher than 1210 calories.

Good luck!
  • veephil31
    veephil31 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I had one of those nights last night! I ate way to much junk! I tracked it and moved on, those days will happen. If they don't happen too often I think your fine.
  • Grouse1965
    Options
    Help required gained weight week one of following fitness pal I have a lot of weight to loose I exercise three times daily and eat all extra calories where am I going wrong I workout on average 1500 cals I write everything down, should I really be eating all of these extra calories
  • haleema93
    haleema93 Posts: 70
    Options
    Help required gained weight week one of following fitness pal I have a lot of weight to loose I exercise three times daily and eat all extra calories where am I going wrong I workout on average 1500 cals I write everything down, should I really be eating all of these extra calories

make ur own thread!!
  • Hybrice
    Hybrice Posts: 117 Member
    Options

make ur own thread!!

Wow, aren't' you polite and helpful....Jerk.
  • MadriverDell
    MadriverDell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ever have one of those days where you want to eat everything in sight? Every month, there are a few days where I just can't stop thinking about eating. I work from home so it's very easy to go to the kitchen and find food to eat, including junk food (which I usually can just have one serving of the other days of the month). I only have 1210 calories per day so I get derailed and go way over. What do you do when you have days like this? How do you strengthen your willpower?

You'll strengthen your willpower by increasing your daily calorie allowance. 1210 calories is too little. Eating like that turns on all those chemical messengers/hormones/etc. which increase the drive to eat and spur weight gain. You can white knuckle it for awhile but eventually there will be a binge, as you have clearly discovered. Then you go back to white knuckling it on 1210 cals a day until the next binge. Lather, rinse, repeat. This is the definition of yo-yo dieting.

Eat more food. Strive for a modest calorie deficit and trust the process.