Extra help with excersice

Options
Could anyone advise me what extra help I could do at home as regarding exercise I am looking to tone up I have a running machine which I use 4 to 5 times a week it doesn't seem to be making much differance I would like to do something extra on top of that to firm up a bit ! I can't get to the gym so I am looking to do something at home ...I see a lot of apps you can download for squats etc, are any of these apps any good ...suggestions anyone on what worked for you thankyou in advance :)

Replies

• Dianemarie65
    Dianemarie65 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    There are several floor exercises you can do to help with toning. Planks, squats etc. Yoga is good as well. Check out runnersworld.com and they can give you a lot of suggestions on core work. Looks like you have a good plan for your cardiovascular training with running. I usually work on core work 3 x week to help stay strong so I can keep running injury free. I hope this helps.:smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    look into some strength/resistance training
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Search You Tube for at home workouts.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    You Are Your Own Gym (Book/App)

Tons of bodyweight exercises.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you are your own gym, convict conditioning and fitnessblender.com
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Body weight exercises are great for strength/resistance training. I would also suggest getting some dumbbells and a resistance band and doing strength exercises with those at home. I do all my strength training at home because I can't afford the gym. I chose a variety of exercises from dumbbell-exercises.com and searched for resistance band exercises as well.