New here and ready to be a loser!!

HI. I have always been 'curvy' until I had my first child and then I was downright overweight. I have five children (two out of the house) and am a young widow. I was depressed for quite a while and started to come out of it. My youngest was a month old when he died which made things even harder. He is now turning five this week and things are pretty settled. He was 12 pounds when he was born and I had undiagnosed toxemia which left me at 310 pounds. I have weight yo-yoed down to 233 and have a long way to go. Any helpful advice, people, friends or people willing to travel along with me would be great. Hope yo all have a great day!!

Replies

• MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Feel free to add me. I'd be happy to walk the journey with you.
  • hannahkoen
    hannahkoen Posts: 18
    Hi there I am new to MFP and would love to participate in your clean eating challenge....I have done the whole 30 before and have been off and on paleo for about 2 years so I would love to be a part of that with you! Send me the link if you get the change!

Peace :)
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Welcome! Life has definitely sent you some difficulties but it sounds like things are looking up. You've definitely come to the right place to lose weight and feel good about yourself. Take a look at some of the before and after pictures. They are very encouraging!
    I am 47 and have been in maintenance since October. I only had 30 pounds to lose but I thought it would never happen. My whole life style has changed.
    My first child was 10 1/2 pounds. I thought that was big! 12 - wow!
    You can do this!
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Hey there! I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how tough it must be. I'm on this site several times a day if you want to friend me. I started at 283 and now I'm 224.
  • hannahkoen
    hannahkoen Posts: 18
    Hey our goals seam pretty similar would love to keep each other motivated if you want! Im new so bare with me!:smile:
  • 1973mikeg
    1973mikeg Posts: 54 Member
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I have lost 90 pounds total 60 with MFP. I have been focused on eating clean since May. I check in daily and like to have friends keep me motivated.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Stay determined! You can do this!!