Not Losing Around The Hips

Options
MegE_N
MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
Hello!

So I've lost 25lbs since April 2014. I have about 45 more pounds to go before I can try on wedding dresses (aiming for January for that) and then I want to lose another 30lbs before the wedding (in October 2015). So far I feel good about my goals.

My clothes are starting to fit a looser. Which is great! Except they are loose everywhere but my hips and tummy, where I carry most of my weight. What else can I do to get the weight off that area? I walk for my daily workouts and sometimes do yoga when I can fit the time in because I hate hate hate going to the gym.

Thanks for your advice and support.

Replies

• Padzster
    Padzster Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! It just takes the longest time to lose fat from those stubborn areas. You can't selectively lose fat so just keep going with what is working for you and in time it will come off.
  • Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well done on your progress so far. I have the same issue. My thighs are smaller than I can ever remember them being and I have dropped 2 clothes sizes but I just wish my body would start using the fat around my middle. My legs are covered up all the time but I would look and feel so much slimmer if my hips and waist joined the party. I know they will catch up eventually but I wish they would hurry up!
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    My hips and stomach were the last areas to start reducing noticeably. Give it time, it will start to go :)
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    You can't target fat loss, unfortunately... Just keep on keeping on (in my best Joe Dirt voice).
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Patience is the only advice I can give. Fat loss can't be targeted and those areas on women tend to be the biggest problem area.
  • Synchronicity
    Synchronicity Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congrats on you weight loss. Keep up the good work! Unfortunately, however, you really can't make your body lose fat in a certain area by diet and exercise. Your body shape is dictated by genetics and if you tend to store fat around your hips, then its going to stick around for a while. Sorry.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Patience is the only advice I can give. Fat loss can't be targeted and those areas on women tend to be the biggest problem area.

^^yep.

Just keep losing the weight.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, I've also been going on 2 yr life style change, also lost 70 lbs but my thighs still look big to me.
  • splashy1968
    splashy1968 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone has great advice! I needed to hear all that too! Thanks! :smile:
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said and try not to panic. I have found that visible fat loss tends to happen in spurts. I will be losing weight for like half a month to a month and seeing zero change and then wake up the next morning and go wow ... i look a bit trimmer. Fat cells are stubborn intractable beasties. And you have to deal with them with stoicism XD.
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Why do your boobs always go first :ohwell: lol I think we just have to keep going and be patient :smile: