Cross Fitting - A few Questions

Options
I have looked at past posts and can't seem to find the answer, does anyone know how to log cross fit? I do feel that I am getting a much more intense workout then my "guessing as to what is closest" in the database. I don't own a heart rate monitor so that is not an option at this point. Any idea what you typically burn?

Second question, for those of you that DO cross fit, do you do other workouts as well or just cross fit? It always feels great when I am done, but I am hoping it is in fact burning enough calories (I usually give it between 80-100% effort, depending on the exercise). Do you also run or do anything else?

Thank you!

Replies

• lisasc0721
    lisasc0721 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just trying to "bump" this up the thread, as I am seeking answers. Thank you!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you can log it under cardio, circuit training but i think a lot of people wear HRMs and log their calories from that (that's what i do)

and the purpose of crossfit (or any other program that's related more to athletic performance ) isnt to burn calories. if that's all your looking to do then honestly you'd probably be better served hopping on an elliptical
  • lisasc0721
    lisasc0721 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    you can log it under cardio, circuit training but i think a lot of people wear HRMs and log their calories from that (that's what i do)

and the purpose of crossfit (or any other program that's related more to athletic performance ) isnt to burn calories. if that's all your looking to do then honestly you'd probably be better served hopping on an elliptical

I realize it is to build strength and stamina, but given the fact that I feel like I am getting a MUCH better workout when I go to cross fit for an hour than when I am on the elliptical for an hour, I sweat more, feel better-I am pretty sure it should be counted towards exercise and calories burned.
  • swmgrl74
    swmgrl74 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have also been trying to find the answers as to how to log crossfit- my best guess right now is a combination of weightlifting, circuit training and calisthenics. I do also do other workouts- primarily running and swimming.
  • Mag1913
    Mag1913 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just started crossfit but I wear my Body Media Fit so I don't have to look up what calories I burn during. The only time I really see a significant calorie burn while doing crossfit is when running is included in our class. I also walk the nights I don't go to crossfit, or if it is a class that has more lifting involved I walk a couple miles after class.