Inch Loss Does A Body Good!!!

Options
Coco_Puff
Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
I'm here to tell you that focus on the scale will bring your enthusiasm down. I got serious in May with clean eating, cardio, and lifting. The results are 12 lbs. down and 23.5 inches gone!!! Tight clothes are the secret to discovering your improvements as they become less and less tight. Inch loss is the true key for me. How about you guys? Are you finding this as well?

Replies

• rausharvey
    rausharvey Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sorta. I just started to measure myself via inches and I've been at this since February. :/ But, I tried on a pair of shorts yesterday that I haven't worn and used to fit and now THEY ARE TOO BIG! I was in shock because, well I just was.

Great feeling :)

How often do you measure yourself?
  • Coco_Puff
    Options
    Coco Puff,

How heavy do you lift and how much cardio do you do daily? Like you, my motivation is family as I have four wonderful kids that I adore and have no intention of limping through life when I could be skiing, hiking and visiting foreign lands with my kids/grandkids. I have an open diary so as to keep myself accountable but since I got serious 5 weeks ago I have only lost a few pounds. I would love a general idea of your daily diet and exactly how much cardio you do a day as your results are what I am goaling for.

I do the 5X5 workout M,W,F. into my third week and following what the program is telling me to lift each time. Before that I was going pretty heavy just working out on my own. I just added Body Pump to my week so that's my cardio 3 days for 45min. to an hour, and then the mini trampoline for 30 min, and HILT exercises for 30 mins. the other two. I follow Tosca Reno's clean eating plan which is no processed food and cooking a lot at home, very little eating out. Lean protein, fruits, veggies, healthy carbs like B. rice and sweet pot. No diet Coke at all, just water. Sometimes I get 15 glasses a day. I swear my energy has gone thru the roof!!!
  • Coco_Puff
    Options
    Sorta. I just started to measure myself via inches and I've been at this since February. :/ But, I tried on a pair of shorts yesterday that I haven't worn and used to fit and now THEY ARE TOO BIG! I was in shock because, well I just was.

Great feeling :)

How often do you measure yourself?

I measure every two weeks. But snug fitting clothes are the best eye opener hands down.
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Do you lift the same days you do BodyPump?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Yep!!! :drinker:

Except I eat whatever I want, just in moderation, you know like ice cream, chocolates, cookies, etc.!!! :bigsmile:

Lifting does beautiful things to your body, just saying. :wink:
  • Coco_Puff
    Options
    Do you lift the same days you do BodyPump?

Yes, it's light weight more reps, so I'ts more for cardio. Now, you can increase the weight if you choose to, but since I'm doing 5x5, I'm looking for that to build muscle.
  • greatsmokey623
    Options
    You are so right. My mother, who is 5'7" and weighs 130 lbs, (I swear I must have been switched at birth) maintains that the worst thing women ever did was wear elastic waist clothes and stretchy outfits. She says how can you know if you are gaining weight or not if your clothes do not tell you? She has always worn belts on skirts/pants and woven fabric clothing. The only time she weighs is at the doctor's office.
  • Coco_Puff
    Options
    Yep!!! :drinker:

Except I eat whatever I want, just in moderation, you know like ice cream, chocolates, cookies, etc.!!! :bigsmile:

Lifting does beautiful things to your body, just saying. :wink:

I really started eating clean because my daughter in law is really good about feeding our grand daughter super healthy, so I decided to follow her lead. And I am going thru menopause and eating healthy is known to ease the symptoms, bone loss, wrinkled skin, etc.
  • naomiprioleau
    naomiprioleau Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes! I just discovered that this week! I was still stuck at the same weight for a while now and so frustrated but I finally got some new pants (I was wearing a size 8 that was sagging off of me) and I'm down to a size 5! When I first started my get fit journey I was a size 13! Inch loss does do a body good!
  • Coco_Puff
    Options
    Yes! I just discovered that this week! I was still stuck at the same weight for a while now and so frustrated but I finally got some new pants (I was wearing a size 8 that was sagging off of me) and I'm down to a size 5! When I first started my get fit journey I was a size 13! Inch loss does do a body good!

WOW!!!! From a size 13 to a 5 is amazing!!!! Great job!!! Are you lifting?
  • naomiprioleau
    naomiprioleau Posts: 38 Member
    Options

WOW!!!! From a size 13 to a 5 is amazing!!!! Great job!!! Are you lifting?

Yes I am lifting and I love it! I lift and run like crazy but I really do like lifting because I feel good afterwards. Keep up the good work chick!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!