I can't stop over eating! Help me

Options
I restrict for several days, and then have a day like yesterday when I go to Wendy's and then eat a whole pizza for dinner. I don't know how I'm not hugely overweight. I weigh about 135 now, but I really want to be 120. Please help with some suggestions. :)

Replies

• Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You must not be eating foods that will curb your appetite. Everything in moderation is good, but not eating an entire pizza. As for why your weight is still pretty low, you are still young and have good metabolism! :) It is best to get into good habits now, so when you are older it doesn't catch up with you. You will be so set in your habits and it will be harder to break when the pounds start to add up. I sometimes do the binging as well. I think you have to think about why you are eating so much - are you an emotional eater? Eating for comfort? Recognize that and break the pattern!

How tall are you? I am 5'3 and my goal is 120 as well.
  • Juttalein
    Options
    Find something else to do , like working out and walking or a zumba class ! Eating health !!! :smile:
  • anharrison
    anharrison Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I completely understand-I get those urges too. It takes about 3 weeks to form a good habit so for those first few weeks it will be rough. It's a whole lifestyle change. Are you snacking throughout the day? Can you do something to take your mind off food? If I have a craving I'll paint my nails (can't eat while the nails are drying!) run an errand, browse the mall...anything to keep my mind off of food. Leave the house and leave your wallet at home (no running through the drive through without money!). Hope that helps. I really have to discipline myself. I still have good days and bad but when I have a bad thought I picture myself thinner, healthier and keep my goal in sight.

Sometimes you can't fight a craving and that's okay. Maybe to to Wendys and just get a small frosty or a jr burger...not a supersized meal.
  • Knlash29
    Options
    You should probably not restrict yourself to a harsh and strict diet because then you will binge eat when you fall of the wagon and actually gain more weight. If you are craving something really bad then eat it, just be sure to count the calories and really watch portion control. A lot of time thought you can make do with a heathier version of what you are craving and that will help as well. I was just like that and eventually you step on the scale and have gained a 100 pounds. I found that when I would end up eating like that was because I was either eating way to low cal and then binged from hunger, or I would be craving bad food and instead of teating myself to something small to curve the craving I would would wait and then wammo I would pig out. Sometimes reminding yourself how bad some of that stuff is will help and other times it wont. I was addicted to the fast food and they put chemicles in their food to keep you craving it, and it takes 2 to 3 weeks for it to get out of your system and things should get a bit easier. Good luck, dont beat yourself up, we ALL have bad days. Put it behind you and move on, and look at the big picture. Good Luck :)
  • skinnybitch69
    Options
    I'm 5'5. Thanks for the pointers. I just went through a break up, so I think my emotions are what caused this "outbreak" of over eating. I'm back on track today. :)