Bluetooth headset for running

Options
I'm looking for a good bluetooth headset that is running friendly. Any suggestions/favorites?

Thanks.

Replies

• tambuJP
    tambuJP Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like this headset:
    http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phone-accessories/lg-HBS750

LG HBS-750 in case the link gets stripped.

I admit I do not "run" with it, my knees can't take the impact, but I use it with an elliptical and I use it extensively with biking. I really enjoy having both ears with sound. The headphones have really nice rubber earbuds so while it's not "active" noise cancellation, it does do a pretty decent passive noise reduction. You can typically find them for around $50 on amazon. I admit it might be possible that the up and down motion of running might cause them to bounce, but I tried just running around for a few mins and didn't seem to have a problem, I actually like that u don't feel weight hanging on your head with these.

There is an HBS-800 which claims noise canceling, it's about $90. But the reviews on the noise cancelling seem mediocre. Plus I don't really like the way they have the buttons.

Good luck!
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Jaybird Freedom Sprint. Great sound and weigh nothing. I completely forget they are there.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I just bought my wife this (she seems to like it). Ribbon by blue ant.
    6.jpg
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Love these! Thank you peeps!
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Any other favorites out there?
  • its_go_time
    Options
    One final try before I pick one up later today. Appreciate the help.
  • cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You dont want headphones with noise cancellation features for running. That would be pretty dangerous.

The headsets design for running all purposely allow ambient noise in. I like the Yurbuds.
  • redcent2k
    redcent2k Posts: 1
    Options
    Relatively new to MFP so I thought I'd start off by contributing to the forums.

I would second Jaybirds http://www.jaybirdsport.com/bluebuds-x-bluetooth-headphones/

They are lightweight, fit really well, and sound quality is excellent. They haven't fallen off yet and I get pretty sweaty when I work out.
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Digital-HDBT-750-Bluetooth-headphones-microphone/dp/B001DDHAVK/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t/181-9059480-8941316

I have this one, Its got volume up/down and track skip/back and it pairs easily with my phone. My only compliant is the band isn't adjustable. I have a smaller head so the ear portions hang a bit low on my ears sometimes. Otherwise it's comfortable and easy to use. (learning to pair it the first time is complete hell, once you get the hang of it, its fine :happy: )

I destroy headsets/earphones, no lie. I will completely demolish a set in 6 months, so I didn't have high hopes for this one since it's an off brand (Helium?) but it was cheap enough that I would give it a try. I have had it for 3 years, i cannot believe how hardy this headset is. The right ear foam cover is ripped slightly but other than that it's still in great shape.

Edit: Now that i look, i'm not sure if there still available.
  • its_go_time
    Options
    I liked the Yurbuds that I had, but can't use the headphone jack on my phone anymore as it doesn't work.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    I just bought my wife this (she seems to like it). Ribbon by blue ant.
    6.jpg

that one looks cool. a freind of mine in the office has one that rests on his shoulders and then there is a wire to the ear buds.

not sure how well it would work with running but he claims its good for that.

sorry i cant remember the name
  • cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I liked the Yurbuds that I had, but can't use the headphone jack on my phone anymore as it doesn't work.

Yea; I hate wires. Get the bluetooth version.