low fat cheese??

Options
alf1163
alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
I am having a hard time finding a good low/reduced fat cheese that is not loaded with sodium. Any suggestions??? Oh, and they are sooooo expensive!!!! :noway: I am looking for sliced cheese for my husband and son for their sandwiches. Also cheese sticks, cheddar cheese for myself. I don't eat cheese everyday but I like it every now and then. Thanks!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time finding a good low/reduced fat cheese that is not loaded with sodium. Any suggestions??? Oh, and they are sooooo expensive!!!! :noway: I am looking for sliced cheese for my husband and son for their sandwiches. Also cheese sticks, cheddar cheese for myself. I don't eat cheese everyday but I like it every now and then. Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • vickyt
    vickyt Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If its not something that you use everyday, I wouldnt spend a fortune on low fat/low sodium etc.... Cheese is already expensive enough as it is, I would just stick with the kind you like, and moderate yourself just like with anything else.
    Sorry I couldn't help with the low fat low sodium cheese, I havent found any myself, and I find that they taste weird haha!!
    Take care....
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    My wife and I get the Cabot Farms 75% reduced fat sharp cheddar. It's got 200 mg sodium per serving which is decent, not great but ok, but it only has 60 cals and 9 g protein and 2.5 g fat per serving which is MUCH better then most. It's not QUITE as good as regular sharp cheddar, but it's pretty tasty.
  • tbennett
    Options
    Babybel (the cheese in the red wax container) has a reduced version
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Love Jarlsberg light Swiss from Costco, only 50 calories per slice, not sure about the sodium though....Also love the laughing cow for spreadable cheese , only 35 calories per wedge with 260 mg of salt
  • luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    i know weight watchers has their own cheese items right now, not sure on the sodium content though
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I love the Weight Watchers string cheese...only 50 calories for a yummy snack...don't know about the sodium though...

and Laughing Cow cheese is really good too...again I'm not sure about the sodium content though...