Feeling WEAKER and TIRED!

Options
I have been losing weight now for 2 years and 2 months now. Down approx 72lbs. One thing that has just dawned on me the other day is that I sleep just as much as I did before I started to lose weight, sometimes even more.

I would have expected to have more energy - but most of the time...I dont! Typically, I sleep 10 or more hours a day, and I am starting to think that losing weight and working out does not help.

So I eat anywhere from 1800-2000 calories a day (on a good day, I burn about 2500 calories) This is monitored using Bodymedia.

I exercise often, typically once daily for no more than an hour (if its not doing weights at the gym, its cardio - based at home...such as Leslie Sansone on a slow day, or turbo fire.) Rarely, I even work out twice a day. KEEP IN MIND my calories burned TOTAL for the day is anywhere from 2000-2500, so I do not believe I am being excessive with my work outs. Maybe I am wrong?

I dont know...even yesterday I was carrying my laundry basket upstairs and my legs felt tired and weak once I reached to the top. I still can sleep all day if I wanted to. I have always been someone to sleep 10 or more hours a day, and I am shocked this has not changed despite losing as much weight as I have and how "in-shape" I am.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Experiences?

Replies

• crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Have you had a physical lately? Maybe having some bloodwork done will help figure it out.

Edited: I meant to add a note about thyroid disorder. Do any of them run in your family?
  • jeannelabanane
    jeannelabanane Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was just about to suggest a blood test. Low iron can cause those symptoms - but a doctor should tell you for sure.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? What's your macros?
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have have been checked up for thyroid issues, no concerns there. I have been checked for diabetes because that does run in the family. I opened up my diary for those to observe.

I just took a look at my Iron intake over the past week. Assuming all the foods I logged on MFP have iron included, I range anywhere from 45mg-80mg per day.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    That sounds medical or that your aren't eating enough. Have your doctor check your vitamin D levels. Our modern indoor lifestyles can easily result in vitamin D deficiencies. Or just start taking some vitamin D. Recently some of the better health sites are recommending that for everyone.