Josephs Whole Wheat Pita

Options
So. I think this is my NEW addition to my meals! Packages always seem to represent a good item, but my friends at MFP always know the DEEP down, hidden information... so is it truley as good as it tastes? Also what are some items I could use with it? Today.. I had one filled with grilled chicken, lettuce, and tomatoes... dipped in hot sauce. YUMMM! However, that will probably get old. I thought about making it a breakfast item, with crumbled turkey bacon and eggs.... and also another meal would be filled with TUNA. Any other suggestions?

Replies

• gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I always like hummus with fresh sliced tomato in a whole wheat pita.
  • qtrhrsewoman
    Options
    I don't know about the pita's, but the Josephs, Oat, Flax and Whole Wheat Lavash is out of this world!!!! I just discovered it last week and it is my new favorite food. If Wal-Mart ever stops carrying it I will get mean! I will have to see if they have the pita's and give them a try.
  • traceysturn
    Options
    YES YES & YES - they taste great & only 60 cals. Some your filler ideas are great, I esp love the breakfast idea. I also fill mine w/ Tuna & veggies. Turkey & veg. Just veg & light ranhc dressing ...I love to just tear pcs off & dip in hummus. They truly do have great flavor & worth putting on your list! Enjoy!!
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    i like the the flat out flat breads and 100 cal la tortilla factory wheat wraps ...i use tyson chicken (frozen and breaded) either anytizers chicken fries or tenders ..whatever...and then fill them with lettuce/tomatoes and cheese and sometimes BBQ sauce somtimes honey mustard...its like having a giant MC donalds Snack wrap...i also have put cheeseburgers on them YUM!
  • lindsay03811
    Options
    I always like hummus with fresh sliced tomato in a whole wheat pita.

I am probably going to sound so stupid, but I have been wanting to ask! WHAT IS HUMMUS?? I hear everyone talking about it!
  • lindsay03811
    Options
    I don't know about the pita's, but the Josephs, Oat, Flax and Whole Wheat Lavash is out of this world!!!! I just discovered it last week and it is my new favorite food. If Wal-Mart ever stops carrying it I will get mean! I will have to see if they have the pita's and give them a try.

This pita is actually flat, so its more like a taco -- and its found at Walmart in the bread isle. What is the LAVASH?
  • lindsay03811
    Options
    Thank yall!
  • TORNATO1
    TORNATO1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hummos is a Middle Eastern dip made from Garbanzo beans and Tahini. You can find it in your local grocery store. I highly suggest trying the Sabra brand. By far the best tasting packaged Hummos around.
  • lindsay03811
    Options
    Hummos is a Middle Eastern dip made from Garbanzo beans and Tahini. You can find it in your local grocery store. I highly suggest trying the Sabra brand. By far the best tasting packaged Hummos around.

What are in the store would I find it? Is it cold?
  • qtrhrsewoman
    Options
    The Lavash is a flat bread that is moister and thicker than a pita. I happened to see it last week when I bent down to grab some pita's and thought I would try it. It has less cal and fat than a tortilla. I don't know how it stands up to a pita for nutrients but it has way more taste and seems to be more filling. I do the veggies or meat and market side herb mix salad and that's one of my favorite meals.
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options

What are in the store would I find it? Is it cold?

Yes, if you look for hummus in a store, it would be sold in the refrigerated section, usually in small, round tubs. I second the recommendation for the Sabra brand, if you're going to buy it. You can also easily make your own if you have a blender (or food processor) and start with canned garbanzo beans (also known as chickpeas). If you make your own, you have some control over the fat and sodium content.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy it!