Gonna live for ever or die trying (Groucho Marx)

Options
Hey All...i was recommended to this site by my doctor a year ago...tried it for a week but became frustrated as a lot of stuff I eat I make (like right now, beans, veggie sausage pepper and oninions)....how do I log this?

anyway I'm back. This past weekend I went for a hike (and did quite well) with a beautiful (ah but too young) coworker. In a picture we took my stomach took the starring role...so I posted about it on a drum bulletin board i visit (I've played since I was a kid) and another drummer there mentioned needing a friend here...so....I'm bacccckkkkk.

my goal is to drop at least 10, 20 ideally and heck if I can get there...I'd like to sneak under 200 lbs.

so...can you help me log my own concoctions?

Replies

• bbardwell0916
    bbardwell0916 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    a lot of foods like that require a weight input. You should get a small weight so you know how many grams and ozs things are.that will make it much easier to record them :)
  • Kaylee11133
    Kaylee11133 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A food measuring weight would help with a lot of foods, especially meats. However, if you mean how would you put in a meal that you make, there's a recipe making tool on the site. Once you click on food, underneath it there becomes a few possible selections, one of which is recipes. You can select Enter New Recipe and fill in all the ingredients that you used when you made your meal, this is where a weight would come in handy too. You can also fill in how many serving the meal made, and how many of those servings you ate. It's really handy! And much easier than trying to figure out what the nutrition break down would be for each individual thing yourself. Plus it stays in ur recipe list for the future, if you ever want to make it again. Good luck though! =]
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I don't want to live forever, I just want to fit in my skinny girl pants. :happy:
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    A food measuring weight would help with a lot of foods, especially meats. However, if you mean how would you put in a meal that you make, there's a recipe making tool on the site. Once you click on food, underneath it there becomes a few possible selections, one of which is recipes. You can select Enter New Recipe and fill in all the ingredients that you used when you made your meal, this is where a weight would come in handy too. You can also fill in how many serving the meal made, and how many of those servings you ate. It's really handy! And much easier than trying to figure out what the nutrition break down would be for each individual thing yourself. Plus it stays in ur recipe list for the future, if you ever want to make it again. Good luck though! =]

This. I have a food scale. We all think a portion is larger then they really are.