Lots of invites by friends to try Plexus AKA The Pink Drink

Options
Ok, so recently I have gotten several invitations to try Plexus also known as The Pink Drink. These people are educated and make a very strong statement supporting their claim that the product really helps jump start fat loss and inches lost. I recently hurt my hip and haven't been able to exercise for the last 2 weeks so I'm fearful that my prolonged inactivity will result in weight gains. I'm tempted to try it while I'm recovering. Anyone using this product with success?

Replies

• Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Waste of money.

It probably doesn't work, and even if it did work it's still a waste of money. You don't need to "jump start" anything. If you're on here (MFP), we advocate being in this for the long haul (i.e. lifestyle change/healthy life). In the very, very unlikely chance that it actually did help, the benefits in the long run will be very minuscule. And if you're not in it for the long, and you fall off the wagon in a few weeks like most people do, then you will have wasted your money buying a magic drink.

Just learn how to diet properly. You injured your hip but that's no excuse. I injured my lower back and couldn't walk for a month, then was still in pain for two months later. The first month that I couldn't get around, I was still on my diet. The next months, I was in the gym doing what I could sitting my fat *kitten* down on the weight machines.
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've been a member on MFP for over 3 years and had stalled out on my weight loss and even regained over 10 lbs. I've done paleo (which really will help you lose weight but isn't always practical for me), had a calorie deficit for years, trained for half marathons, etc. I started taking Plexus back in March and have lost 20 lbs since then. But, what you need to understand, is that I was already doing the healthy things and Plexus balanced out my blood sugars so I no longer crave starchy, sugary foods. I would do great all day long and then snack on sugary stuff at night. With Plexus (Slim, ProBio5, Accelerator+ and BioCleanse) the cravings are gone. I've gone from a 16 to a 10 as it helps your body attack the fat cells. The Slim drink was originally designed for diabetics to help with blood sugar stability. I have a good job and tell my friends about the product because it has worked for me. I don't get pushy with it because I was hesitant myself and did some research on my own prior to taking it. If you can't commit to consistent effort and listening to your body trying to reset itself to healthy, unprocessed foods, drinking lots of water (and not really anything else - even diet sodas), then yes, you will be wasting your money. Just the honest truth. The products have helped me to feel better, have more energy, sleep better, etc. but I'm still eating healthy foods (try to eat as little processed foods as possible) and exercising. Do these products work if you don't exercise? Yes, but so much of losing weight is what you eat and drink - which can be controlled if you have the willpower. Plexus gave me more willpower.

Will people moan & groan that it's unhealthy or that you should just try harder? Yes, because they don't know that is based on natural supplements. I was trying my hardest and am perfectly happy with my decision.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You can just look up what is in Plexus and make it yourself. It's got things like garcinia cambogia ( tamarind ) extract in it. Honestly you could drink a cup of coffee and take those extracts/tinctures yourself and see if you benefit.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Plexus balanced out my blood sugars

OK we get it.....you sell the stuff, but what exactly does this statement mean in scientific terms? (can you cite double blind, peer reviewed studies backing the product's claims?)
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

OK we get it.....you sell the stuff, but what exactly does this statement mean in scientific terms? (can you cite double blind, peer reviewed studies backing the product's claims?)
    but it gave her more willpower!

The fact is this..some people need a "gimmick" to help them along. The Placebo effect is huge in the minds for many of these so called weight loss pills/drinks, etc.

The positives people see when taking garbage is because they also follow the other things needed like drinking more water, eating less, etc etc etc.
    From the person on this thread who sells it

" If you can't commit to consistent effort and listening to your body trying to reset itself to healthy, unprocessed foods, drinking lots of water (and not really anything else - even diet sodas), then yes, you will be wasting your money."

Right there it tells ya that if you dont do all the other things needed, and done by people who just subscribe to calories in vs calories out, then it is a waste of money.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

but it gave her more willpower!

The fact is this..some people need a "gimmick" to help them along. The Placebo effect is huge in the minds for many of these so called weight loss pills/drinks, etc.

The positives people see when taking garbage is because they also follow the other things needed like drinking more water, eating less, etc etc etc.
    From the person on this thread who sells it

" If you can't commit to consistent effort and listening to your body trying to reset itself to healthy, unprocessed foods, drinking lots of water (and not really anything else - even diet sodas), then yes, you will be wasting your money."

Right there it tells ya that if you dont do all the other things needed, and done by people who just subscribe to calories in vs calories out, then it is a waste of money.

This is true, and this is why gym memberships work well for me.

I effing pay for it, I'm going to go get my money's worth gosh darn it!
  • txjulie
    Options
    Guess you guys missed the part where I was doing the same things prior to Plexus and not losing weight. Been on here for over 3 years with calorie deficits and the scale not moving. Paid trainers - worked out - wore a BodyBugg, Heart Rate Monitor, and now a Fitbit - logged religiously - weighed food - the whole 9 yards. Paid for and ate My Fit Foods - whole meals w/ no preservatives. Tried Paleo but as a single mom who commutes 2 hours a day it wasn't realistic. Again - it works for me. Do I care if you try it? Nope. Am I trying to sell it to you? Nope. Do I think I'm going to make enough to replace my work income with Plexus - no way in H#LL. Am I still taking it? Yes because it works for me.
  • Cheryl_Ann62
    Cheryl_Ann62 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I tried the stuff early in the spring. It did nothing for me. I did it for 2 months religiously and watched what I ate. It did not help a bit. I dont know why I even got talked into yet another weight loss supplement. The good thing was that I got my money back right away, they do stand behind that.
  • txjulie
    Options
    And that is what I would suggest to everyone who it doesn't work for. The 60-day money back guarantee is there for that reason. :smile:
  • jessi331
    jessi331 Posts: 3
    Options
    I just started Plexus almost three weeks ago. I am a nurse on a busy floor and consistently walk over 10k steps a day. I am also educated enough to know that calories aren't all equal, so the calories in-calories out BS, is just BS. So far I haven't seen any results, but it's early...and I haven't eaten all that great. I have noticed that I don't crave sugar like I used to. I am a dessert fiend usually, but that changed after only 3-4 days. I am not taking the accelerator because I've quit caffeine, and try to avoid stimulants. I only use the drink and the probiotics. I do find it hard to drink a lot of water, especially at work, but I'm trying...mostly, I'm just not that thirsty. We will see how it goes.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    And that is what I would suggest to everyone who it doesn't work for. The 60-day money back guarantee is there for that reason. :smile:
    Alot of things have a money back guarantee associated with them and I have seen studies that show a very little percentage actually take the time to return and get their money back. MBG's are just a marketing scheme to make people feel all warm-and-fuzzy.

and if you didnt lose weight before then you weren't going at a deficit.

Goodluck though..someone is gonna make money off of you
  • jmcnealy
    jmcnealy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    are you just putting in your time until you get the Plexus Lexus?

sorry, i see these feeds on my FB wall all the time..

but anyway, you know you balance out your blood sugar by just eating healthy? i was hypoglycemic (and still losing weight) for YEARS, and i only fixed my blood sugar problem when i started eating balanced diet.... whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean proteins. you don't need some pink drink to do that for you. chances are it's not cheap either. whole grains, fruits, and vegetables are probably a whole lot cheaper..and will help you in the long run too...lower blood pressure, balance hormones, and improve things like your skin, nails, etc. being "skinny" is not always "healthy." and just because something might help you lose fat, doesn't mean it's helping you lose fat for good or make you any healthier.
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just started Plexus almost three weeks ago. I am a nurse on a busy floor and consistently walk over 10k steps a day. I am also educated enough to know that calories aren't all equal, so the calories in-calories out BS, is just BS.

Please see below for real results of what you so eloquently call "BS". No magic pills or solutions were used in the below results. Just hard work, consistency and patience. I did not give up any food groups to get to where I wanted to get to and I am probably in the best shape I have been in in the last 30 years.