New Girl

Options
Hi Everyone! I just started today...had a doctor appt. this morning. They said I really need to lose weight because I pre diabetic :( I have always been a very fit person and loved to exercise, but have had a long standing problem with food. I have hypothyroidism and seem to never have energy.
I have 3 boys, a dog, a business, and married, never have time for my self. Hoping to find some great people for support!!

Replies

• Kaylee11133
    Kaylee11133 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Dieting was always hard for me and I had such an issue with maintaining it, but I finally found this site-- and it seriously helped me keep myself in check with what i'm eating. Hope it helps you and you get that under control. =]
  • ChainsrGone30
    Options
    I was just told I am pre-diabetic too...although I'm not the most fit person (working on it now), I understand the struggles of wanting to get out of the pre-diabetic before it turns into type II diabetes. Good to know I'm not alone (not that I'm happy we're meeting under these circumstances).

Diana
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have 3 kids (21,18,13) hubbie, dog and 2 cats. I recently lost 30 lbs (since Sept). I would like to loose 10 more.
    My husband was pre-diabetic and cut out sugar (mostly soda and juice). Its was hard since he was addicted to coke usually drinking 2 liters a day!!!! 6 months later all his blood work is better and into the normal range!

Good luck, its a long journey. I log daily and LOVE going to the gym. I'll send you a friend request.
  • BowHunter1967
    BowHunter1967 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have diabetes in my family and have seen what it does to people. That was one of the motivating factors for me to start getting back into shape, when my doctor told me I had bad cholesterol and a BMI that said I was obese. How does that happen?

Wanting to be around for my 3 kids (and of course, my beautiful wife) was my second motivating factor.

I started out by dropping sweet snacks, no more donuts, no more sodas. Haven't had a Coke in 3 months. I lowered sugar in my morning coffee, then recently dropped it all together. Coffee tastes fine without it, and drink mostly water now.
    I've been hitting the treadmill in the mornings while watching the news, and weight training when I can.

Good luck with your journey, hopefully there can be some mutual motivation.
    I will send a friend request. Keep at it, let's do this!
  • jwat90
    jwat90 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You can add me! :smile:
  • cavoloshin
    cavoloshin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Happy to cheer and taunt as needed!
  • adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have hypothyroidism also. I have two boys one 15 and 1 year old. So I am on the go all the time but I love my 'Me" time. I dont have anyone crying on me :) You can do this.
  • Chance535
    Chance535 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Computershateme
    Computershateme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I just started 7 days ago and would like to find some friends. I am diabetic, diet controlled, and also Celiac. I just realized that this option to find friends was available from a posting on Facebook from a fitbit support group.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Does everyone realize how much stress affects your weight and blood sugar. My kids are grown. But I know how stressfull it was when they're younger. OH LORD, AND TEENAGERS!!!

So in addition to eating healthy and exericising, make sure you have a way to reduce stress.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i wish you could edit these replies! Add me if you need a friend! I'm on and off, but i always support my "friends"
  • snowqueen323
    Options
    Hi! I just joined yesterday and I would like to make new friends! Add me if you want? If you have any advice, you can ask me.