Spirulina! What the **** do I do with it?

Options
I bought a bag of spirulina powder a while ago because, I don't know, maybe I thought it was magic. I don't really care about the nutrition.

At this point, I just want to use it up somehow. The taste is off-putting, though I used it in some green smoothies where it turned out OK since there were other, stronger flavors masking the pond-scum one.

Any good recipes that use spirulina, whether smoothies or not? I want to finish off the bag without wasting it.

Replies

• vvvalentines
    Options
    I guess I should just start secretly adding it to my fiance's food and see if he notices.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I've never used the stuff personally but I'm guessing you could probably hide it in a sausage-like spice blend, maybe some kind of sage-heavy rub for beef or turkey.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I would just suck it up and continue taking it in a green smoothie/juice until you run out. I couldn't imagine adding it to any foods, that makes me want to gag in my mouth just by thinking of it. I have a green drink mix that's quite off putting as well. I usually mix it with zero calorie juice powders and water. Or a low calorie orange juice (Trop50 works great). I just down it every morning. Not the best tasting thing in the world, but I know how much I hate vegetables and I know how little I eat of it, so a green drink is really the only other way I'm able to get nutrients from greens lol so I just man up and drink it down. Don't waste it! Send it to me lol
  • johnprimeaux
    johnprimeaux Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hear you can use it to feed your fish.
  • jackiemonx
    jackiemonx Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    i have it every morning in a smoothie..almond milk, vanilla protein, chai seeds, and frozen mango, u dont even taste it. i did notice after a few weeks my hair n nails were way stronger and growing a lot quicker too which is a bonus!