Clean Eaters?

Options
AmyG1982
AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
I've been doing the MFP thing for years. I've had some success but I always give up and do the slide back to my starting weight or higher. I previously did this by myself. Didn't want "friends" as I'm a pretty private person and figured I'd be less honest in my logging if people were watching.

Well I'm failing. big time. I'm currently 20lbs heavier than my previous heaviest. (a little less now as I've lost 8lbs so far.) I'm 32, never been under 180 as an adult and 5'5 tall. My first goal is to get to 180 and then I'll have to take it pound by pound from there but in theory I need to lose probably 100lbs. (yikes!!!!). SW 245, CW 237, GW do I dare dream for 140?

When I'm being good we eat pretty cleanly, no processed stuff, no artificial sweeteners, no white flour (pretty little flour in general), etc. just lots of fruits, veggies, nuts, whole grains and lean meats. I find it easier to lose the weight this way as it keeps me fuller longer and helps curb those crazy cravings (we allow 1 cheat meal a week to fit that stuff in lol). SO, I'm not looking for critiques on how eating clean doesn't matter and its all calories in calories out etc., I feel better when we don't eat bad foods.

But, I would love to have some friends who are also eating clean. (I ask for clean eaters so we can relate better and maybe share tips/recipes etc.)

Anyone want a new friend?

Replies

• Ayakaba
    Ayakaba Posts: 10
    Options
    feel free to add me - i am not a hardcore clean eater but i do as much as i can and i am stricktly off processed food and go as organic as possible - and i love to cook - lots of recipies in my brains :-)
  • nikkiclauss
    nikkiclauss Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me! Clean eating is the only thing that has ever worked for me.
  • TheNewMe99
    TheNewMe99 Posts: 24
    Options
    I eat clean also. :smile: You can add me Thanks
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've slipped from my previous weight loss and gained back almost everything. I'm starting to cut out processed foods... I'm not perfect, but I'm always looking for ideas and friends! I've got some stuff left in the cabinets to get rid of, but have made big strides recently to get back into it.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've been trying the whole clean eating thing for 3months now and i must say.. other than the odd slip when drunk.. lol i am thoroughly enjoying the change in foods i eat .. i rarely feel hungry in between meals any more and even after exercising i don't crave anything either.. i do however only take to work with me what i know i have to eat .. if i do snack its only fruit or yoghurt.

i always questioned the whole eat clean thing .. but now i have grown rather accustomed to it :)
  • Dirtshark125
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Find whatever works for you and stick with it, as far as eating cleanly sometimes it can be hard and you will slip up now and again but were humans and its a given we will do things like that. Stick to it and don't falter from your goal and you will reach it, not overnight, but one day at a time.
  • xrachypx
    xrachypx Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have recently started my 'clean eating ' journey. Please feel free to add me! :)
  • carostad
    carostad Posts: 161
    Options
    Right there with you! Looking for friends myself. Let's link up!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    There's also a very nice clean eating group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/150-clean-eating-group

You may find that a good spot. For some odd reason, some of the regular board posters get worked up over the word "clean" and feel the need to mock and threadjack the threads about clean eating. And, for some reason, mods don't do anything about that. Thus, why I suggested the group. best of luck! Eating healthier is always good!