Halfway through the journey!

Options
hellomanen
hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
I've read through several success stories and wondered if I'll ever post a success one here
I really didn't think I had what it takes to fully go through it and complete it, specially since I've been heavy my entire life and pretty much a quitter, if I didn't like something I just wuld stop doing it or wouldn't do it at all.
That changed last year finishing the semester, I had horrible eating habits and being a college student mayoring in architecture pretty much means you'll have to pull allnighters 5 times a week at least to get your project done in time.
Add to that the fact that all I ate was garbage, you have the formula to doom yourself, I gained at least 20 pounds if not more, adding that I was already overweight.... It was just awful.
I didn't like myself, I always felt tired and angry and bored so I ate and then ate some more.
My mom was seriously worried to see me go downhill like that, I had already tried to loss weight and the little I had accomplished I lost it.
And she did have motive to worry, I was weighting an atonishing 242 pounds/110 kilograms
That was my highest EVER.
I'm not gonna lie when I stepped on the scale I knew I'd be heavier... but I wasn't expecting that much, I was seriously shocked and depressed.... and I wanted to eat.
I knew I had to stop that behavior, that food as comfort wasn't doing any good to me so I made the desicion that this year wasn't going to be like every oter year, another broken promise of getting fit and healthy, nope, I did a bet with myself, I bet that I could get rid off the weight I had gained the past six months, I bet to myself I could change. I bet with and against myself
And I hate losing.
So january 1st 2014, I stepped once more on that scaled, wrote down the weight and a big fat "NEVER AGAIN" next to it.
That day I started hip hop abs and cut out all unhealthy foods and soft drinks off my life.
The first week I lost about 20 pounds/9 kilograms and I was like WOAH! WHAT WAS THAT?! I was so happy and then came the second week.... and I wasn't so happy, turns out all I had lost was watr weight. *facepalm*
But I tried not to get discouraged by it, I followed through, did the full program, found what to do next...
And then there came Les Mills.
I got to do the first 5 weeks of combat warrior in like 6 or 7 weeks (because college kept getting in the way)
Then I had to fully stop because I reached finals and I got seriously ill and I was so worried I would gain back the weight, specialy since I didn't exactly do my best to keep my calorie count where it was supposted to be but I managed to stay on track 70% of the time.
I've just finished the semester and I noticed my jeans weren't fitting alright so I went to shop for a pair since I SERIOUSLY needed new clothes for a while.
I wasn't feeling ok because I've always hated going out for clothes because being 5'10" (178 cm) and have a large frame makes it extremely difficult to shop in the town were I live, yet I wen't and gladly found out I'm 2 jeans sizes smaller than I used to be...

478a1244-67c8-44d4-a1f4-014c333e3522_zpsd66af2a1.jpg

2014-07-09134654_zps41f12009.jpg

2014-07-09134503_zpsa5cce358.jpg

jeans1_zps902f4a12.png

The waist line in the new pair I bought IS a little tight, I'm not gonna lie but it fits the legs perfectly and I'm just so happy!
It's been quite the journey and I'm nowhere near where I want to be, but I'm also where I stopped last time, I'm in a time and place in my life in which I'm allowed to continue trying to do better for myself, noone said it was going to be easy, but danr they were right it IS worth it!
mq8Xbew.png
I am down 46 pounds/21 kg and still have 48-52 pounds/22-24 kgs to go, I'm halfway there, might as well keep going ;)

Just keep holding on and hanging in there people, because if I'm doing it, damn straight you can!

Replies

• mcblevins
    mcblevins Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!
  • princessquitealot
    princessquitealot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Food is not love, you're challenging yourself and winning. This is HUGE! I expect to see more great things from you, you saucy little minx
  • hellomanen
    Options
    thank you guys! It's really nice to be a part in such a supportive community! :)
    keep on improving and being the awesome people you already are! :D
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Congratulaions!! Very inspiring!! I'm eagerly waiting for the pics when you finish your journey.

Good luck and stay strong.
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    congrats :flowerforyou:
  • hellomanen
    Options
    thank you wonderful people! :D you are true inspirations!
    stay healthy, fit and fab! :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!