I can't lose the weight I gained back?

Options
So I did the Herbalife diet, eating generally healthier and consuming the shake for dinner. I did that for about 3 months and I went from 155 to 138. I started eating badly again and within a month I gained 20 pounds!!???? So since about 3 months ago ive been trying to lose that weight buy I can't! Currently I'm at 165(btw my height is 5'9, 19 year old female). I'm on a 1,500 calorie deficit, drinking herbalife shakes for breakfast and dinner, Eating a healthy meal for lunch, and drinking about 6 bottles of water. Also I workout 2 times a day for 4 days. And i just can't seem to lose weight. What could I possibly be doing wrong???

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    couple of things;
    can you open up your diary so we can get a better idea of what your eating and how your measuring it?

why would you go back to herbalife shakes when the last time you used them you just gained the weight back once you stopped with them?
  • Gmm10
    Gmm10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Alright i opened it up and no no, I still consumed them while I ate bad. That was a big mistake.
  • BigT555
    Options
    well at least you realize your mistake. from what i can see your issue is logging consistently and accurately
    check out this post; http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+accurately

and if you cant log everyday, log as much as you can. as long as you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight
  • Gmm10
    Options
    Alright I'll try that then.
  • Gmm10
    Options
    So I've lost 4 pounds by just eating what I ate yesterday plus the exercise. I feel like I'm not eating enough. Or is it ok?
  • Gmm10
    Options
    So I've lost 4 pounds by just eating what I ate yesterday plus the exercise. I feel like I'm not eating enough. Or is it ok?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Tuesday log
    900 calories plus not eating back exercise calories= a really low net day of calories.

I think you should eat more IMO.
  • BigT555
    Options
    900 calories plus not eating back exercise calories= a really low net day of calories.

I think you should eat more IMO.
    agreed. hit your daily calorie goal and eat back 50% of calories burned (to account for any overestimation's)
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    So you've been doing this for 4 days? It takes longer than that to see any real weightloss. In 4 days you could eat at a significant deficit, and still fluctuate between gaining a few pounds and losing a few pounds on any given day.

Input your age, weight, height, and weightloss goal into MFP, then eat the amount of calories it tells you. Don't feel like you have to eat less than that, the number that is given is already set up for you to lose weight. If you exercise, feel free to eat back some of the calories you burn.

Then give it a couple of weeks.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Eat what the ap tells you to eat. You aren't eating enough.
  • Gmm10
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice and I'll be eating more and logging in more accurately. Yesterday I ate more but does it matter that I eat back those calories around 9pm? Because I do my exercise at 7-8pm then at 8:30 I drink my herbalife protien shake but later on i get hungry and I still have around a 1000 or a bit less calories left. Also, based on what I ate yesterday, what do you recommend I include in my meals? More fruit? Vegetables? Grains? Thank you!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice and I'll be eating more and logging in more accurately. Yesterday I ate more but does it matter that I eat back those calories around 9pm? Because I do my exercise at 7-8pm then at 8:30 I drink my herbalife protien shake but later on i get hungry and I still have around a 1000 or a bit less calories left. Also, based on what I ate yesterday, what do you recommend I include in my meals? More fruit? Vegetables? Grains? Thank you!

Some people find that eating late at night gives them heartburn or causes problems sleeping. If you're not one of those people, then it makes little difference how late you chose to eat. You can also plan ahead and eat your exercise calories before you've actually burned them or save them for the next day if you'd prefer.

Based on what you ate yesterday, I'd suggest working some more fat into your diet (unless, of course, you're limiting it for a medical reason). Dietary fat has gotten a bad reputation in the past, but it's essential for things like hormonal balance, vitamin absorption, healthy skin and nails, etc. You should be aiming to get .35 grams per pound of body weight every day (based on your stats above that would be something like 58 grams per day).

Vegetables would be a good addition, too. They're full of fiber and micronutrients your body needs. I aim for 3-5 servings of veggies a day and I know some people actually recommend 7 servings. But really, focus on getting your calories right and getting a varied diet. You can make small changes to your diet after that to get your macros right and your veggies in.