Walden Farms

Options
Has anyone tried Walden Farms zero calorie condiments?

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I'm curious too.
  • geekishgirl
    geekishgirl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just tried their BBQ sauce, the original, and it wasn't bad. Not my favorite but not bad. I have a bottle of the Thick and Spicy that I haven't tried yet.

Also I've used their sugar free orange marmalade to make orange chicken and that turns out really good! But that's all I've used that for. I haven't tried it on its own.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    As an FYI, if you have problems with artificial sweeteners then steer clear. For example, their BBQ sauce is Splenda, tomato paste and vinegar. I know some people (like me) can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners and others physically can't tolerate them (stomach issues, headaches, etc.). If either of those describe you, stay far away from anything Walden Farms.
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    i love walden farms and have tried a ton of their items. have to say their amazing mayo and dressings are amazing

have tried the peanut spreads but i prefer real peanut butter

their pancake syrup is great but more thick and less syrup=ey than i would like.

i also like their bbq. not a fan of their ketchup
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I emailed and asked them to send me some samples. Honestly I'm cheap so I'll try it if I can get it free considering no one I have found really LOVES it. The reviews on Amazon are so mixed I hate to waste money on it.
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i love walden farms and have tried a ton of their items. have to say their amazing mayo and dressings are amazing

their pancake syrup is great but more thick and less syrup=ey than i would like.

And of course as I type my previous comment someone loves it. :) I'm going to look for the veggie dip at Publix this weekend.
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options

And of course as I type my previous comment someone loves it. :) I'm going to look for the veggie dip at Publix this weekend.

personally i like them. i find that so many people eat healthy food and then ruin it with high calorie condiments. I use their mayo for tuna salad. i use their honey mustard to dip my chicken breasts in. i like their italian dressing and their thousand island to dip carrots and celery in.
  • empireman85
    empireman85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've only tried their salad dressings. Ginger, Balsamic and Chipotle are my favorites.

I haven't tried their peanut butter but have tried some PB2. I can live with it on an apple, great in a smoothie.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I really like their regular pancake syrup. I didn't like the strawberry syrup, and I hated the blueberry.

I also hated all their mayo spreads that I tried.
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I use the salad dressings because I need gluten free dressing. I don't trust most of the other brands enough to take the chance.
  • joshcb15n
    joshcb15n Posts: 17
    Options
    I have tried their salad dressings and of course they doesn't taste like the regular version but so far have tasted decent and is nice being able to eat a ton more salad because can put dressing on it and makes it easier for me to enjoy it. I am going to order some of their other products and see how they taste next.
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i've tried their maple syrup....you can notice the artificial taste right away but you get used to it after a while.

My boyfriend has the BBQ sauce for burgers and such. It tastes good.

Someone mentioned to steer clear of artificial sweeteners. I couldn't agree more. I noticed that when I had some of the syrup on my fruit it automatically triggered my mind to tell me that i'm still hungry. I ended up overeating. This happens with a lot of artificially sweetened food including jello and puddings.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    They are nasty, horrible, terrible, no good, very bad. It's not worth it. Ugh! Just the thought of that junk makes my stomach turn again.

I have found that I am much more satisfied with less of the "real" thing. Real maple syrup, real full fat dressings, and stuff like that. And it's not that hard to fit the calories in if you are eating the correct amount. Yes it was hard when doing 1200, but then I educated myself and am eating 1650 and still losing quite a bit of weight! And now I can enjoy the good stuff with no problem. So I am happier all over.