NutriBullett?

Options
LagputLew
LagputLew Posts: 17 Member
Anyone using the NutriBullett? Any ideas to share on great blends? Thoughts?
Tried their Nutriliving?

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Love that thing. My typical blend is 1/2 spinach (sometimes I use kale, but I prefer spinach), 1/4 frozen pineapple, 1/4 frozen peaches, blueberries, cherries, raspberries, strawberries, or mango, and for liquid I usually use VitaCoco coconut water. Sometimes I will also toss in a few almonds or pecans. Another I like is spinach, apple, carrot.

A dessert slushie I like...1 cup frozen pineapple, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tbs honey (sometimes I'll use a date or 2 instead).

I also use my NutriBullet to make cashew milk (I use it as a creamer for my coffee). Blend 1/2-2/3 cup raw cashews, 2 cups water, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tbs honey. Strain through a nutmilk bag.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    No...but I think I want one. I have a blender that also has a stainless steel tall cup that can be attached. But I like new gadgets and want a Nutra-Bullet. :)
  • mmccreeryjr
    mmccreeryjr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the MagicBullet (same as NutriBullet from same company) and I LOVE it.
    Unfortunately I'm having difficulty finding healthy and diabetic friendly meal and snack shakes. I've tried the website but since I don't have the NutriBullet the ones I'm looking for are locked.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am not sure I buy into the "turn regular foods into SUPER foods!" claim it makes. But with that said I do have one and I use it every day to blend up different foods into Shakeology. It comes with a recipe book for TONS of different blends and they all look fabulous. I use ice in it every day and it seriously blends the crap out of it in seconds. That thing don't play.
  • Jjst1976
    Jjst1976 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mean green juice

Gala apple
    Soft fig
    Bunch of spinach
    Celery stick
    Quarter of a cucumber
    Squeeze of fresh lemon
    1x t sp of chopped ginger root
    Add water to fill lane in large container
    Add four ice cubes and a straw
    Have as am or pm snack
    Drink fresh for best result.
    Low calories.
    Very good for you.
    Enjoy!
  • LagputLew
    Options
    Wow you can use Frozen fruit as well? Did not know that? Thanks. I might buy one
  • LagputLew
    Options
    Learning new terms here.. Shakeology? Is that a new dance? :-) or a something a bartender does?
    Cool to know
  • LagputLew
    Options
    I am not sure I buy into the "turn regular foods into SUPER foods!" claim it makes. But with that said I do have one and I use it every day to blend up different foods into Shakeology. It comes with a recipe book for TONS of different blends and they all look fabulous. I use ice in it every day and it seriously blends the crap out of it in seconds. That thing don't play.

Learning new terms here.. Shakeology? Is that a new dance? :-) or a something a bartender does?
    Cool to know
  • LagputLew
    Options
    Mean green juice

Gala apple
    Soft fig
    Bunch of spinach
    Celery stick
    Quarter of a cucumber
    Squeeze of fresh lemon
    Have as am or pm snack
    Low calories.
    Very good for you.
    Enjoy!

Thanks
  • LagputLew
    Options
    I have the MagicBullet (same as NutriBullet from same company) and I LOVE it.
    Unfortunately I'm having difficulty finding healthy and diabetic friendly meal and snack shakes. I've tried the website but since I don't have the NutriBullet the ones I'm looking for are locked.

If I buy one I'll share some recipes with ya
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love my nutribullet. Not only do I use it for shakes, but I use it for a lot of my cooking, too. I make a pretty mean salsa, it cuts up my onions & garlic easy, purees veggies for soups, etc...
  • LagputLew
    Options
    I love my nutribullet. Not only do I use it for shakes, but I use it for a lot of my cooking, too. I make a pretty mean salsa, it cuts up my onions & garlic easy, purees veggies for soups, etc...

Ok this thing must have some serious blades. I will do more researching on it.
    My current blender doesn't have the muscle to chop up garlic or a full onion
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Have had one for years now, and I love it. Even though I don't do the green shakes anymore, I use it to quickly make my protein shakes and make slushees with frozen fruit and water with stevia, also use it for mixing together frozen fruit, stevia or torani syrup and greek yogurt for homemade frozen yogurt. It works well for soups, salsas, and sauces, too.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

I do this as well. I made a fantastic potato leek puree last week. I use the bullet nearly every day to help add fruit and veg to my diet. I do not use it to replace meals, or for weight loss purposes. I find it helpful to get my daily fibre and sometimes throw some protein powder in to help boost that.
  • RJAgeo
    RJAgeo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would check it out. After some research, I purchased the Nutribullet Pro 900 two weeks ago. I find it a great tool to consume at least a small percent of the rda every morning. Blending the mixtures is relatively quick, and the cleanup might set this "nutrient extractor" apart from all the others. I'm a noobie, but I'll provide any updates if warranted. Good luck.
  • LagputLew
    Options
    I would check it out. After some research, I purchased the Nutribullet Pro 900 two weeks ago. I find it a great tool to consume at least a small percent of the rda every morning. Blending the mixtures is relatively quick, and the cleanup might set this "nutrient extractor" apart from all the others. I'm a noobie, but I'll provide any updates if warranted. Good luck.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    love mine but use it for more protein shakes then green juices.

i like to add almond milk, scoop of peanut butter, ice water and then some protein powder.

i tried a few green juice/fruit blends but i more of a protein shake kinda gal
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Wow you can use Frozen fruit as well? Did not know that? Thanks. I might buy one

yes you can. the thing can cut steel. (not really but you get the idea) if you freeze the fruit you don thave to use ice cubes.
  • LagputLew
    Options
    I picked up the Bullett. The 900 series which was on sale at Target.
    I've used it this weekend and tried many of your shares. It's awesome. Awesome tip on freezing fruit too ADS or JerseyGirl.
    It's like a whole new world out there with so many gadgets and devices.

Thanks for sharing all of your humble opinions! Shake and Extract On!
  • LagputLew
    Options
    Mean green juice

Gala apple
    Soft fig
    Bunch of spinach
    Celery stick
    Quarter of a cucumber
    Squeeze of fresh lemon
    Have as am or pm snack
    Low calories.
    Very good for you.
    Enjoy!

How long does the ginger last? Do you freeze it?