Chocolate craving. Shall I? Shan't I?

Options
Lewzy
Lewzy Posts: 54 Member
Okay so at the moment I have a SERIOUSLY bad chocolate craving. I haven't eaten chocolate in weeks and I have plenty of calories left (over 800). I heard it's okay to eat some once in a while because it'll lower your chances of binging in the coming weeks. So shall I?! I need advice!

Replies

• cfarwick21
    Options
    Try a skinny cow chocolate ice cream sandwich they are delicious and low in calories!
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    I would. Just a little. Preferably dark chocolate if you like it. It's actually good for you in small amounts.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Go for a small piece of dark chocolate and savor it!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    others may disagree with me, but i say have a little bit of chocolate...personally i have learned that if i crave something i am better eating a relatively small amount of what i'm craving rather than trying to find alternatives to what i am craving...when i do that i end up eating more than when i just have a bit of what i want :) that's me though...best of luck :)
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    a1schwei took the words right outta my mouth. I say have a little piece, rather than trying to get around it and wasting more calories trying to satisfy the craving with something that is NOT what you want!! :)
  • charmingopal
    charmingopal Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate and I eat some every day because I can't give it up. But it's about portions. I get the hersheys miniatures .. they are only 45 cals per piece, so I can eat like two and it still tastes better than my special k bar :O) I don't think it's a good idea to cut anything out completely, if you love something, you'll just end up on a binge by being too hard on yourself.
  • natl27
    natl27 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Weeks without chocolate?!?! I could never do that.
    I second the idea of hershey's miniatures. Or a small piece of another kind of dark chocolate. I think it's a good idea to give into the craving a little.
  • mbroeckelmanpost
    mbroeckelmanpost Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate almost every day-- Hershey's Dark Kisses are only 20 calories each, so you can have several each day and still easily stay within your calorie goals.
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Kimi and I am a chocaholic!!! LOL That is my biggest weakness, and I've started drinking a Shakeology chocolate drink, and that pretty much cures my chocolate cravings, but when its that special time, I have to have chocolate, and I usually go for dark chocolate, or one of the skinny cow treats!!
  • Eilonwy74
    Options
    Go for dark chocolate, which has heart healthy anti-oxidants. Or just a few Hershey's kisses, which don't have a hugely alarming amount of calories. I keep them on hand for a small snack.
  • WhtTigress
    Options
    For chocolate cravings I really like the Jello Mousse Temptations. They are only 60 calories and are more satisfying to me than just a small piece of chocolate.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have to have my chocolate fix too. Get some of those high % dark chocolate bars (70% or higher if you can), break off a small chunk and savor the moment. You can make one bar last a week or so. Not many calories and it's full of antioxidents.