I'm up for some encouragement!

Options
I have a lot of weight to lose - 100 pounds! I am just starting out - any advice?

Replies

• arwFTW
    arwFTW Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Ideally over 100lbs for me, but if I can do 100 I will be BEYOND happy.
    I just started a couple of weeks ago and had a bad weekend (my anniversary and went camping) so this week is kind of a kick in the butt again.

We can be friends and keep each other motivated :)
  • twiggyiamnot
    Options
    That would be awesome!!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to stop thinking about 100 pounds and start thinking about 5 pounds. You'll probably be able to do with within four-five weeks (or even less as weight seems to come off more easily to start with).

Eat sensibly, eat enough, start gentle movement and then head for the next five pounds. Repeat to fade.

You're looking at a long journey then at the rest of your life so realise there will be ups and downs but persistence and getting back on the wagon is key.

Kia kaha (stand strong!) :smile:
  • NoXCuses4me
    Options
    Celebrate EVERYTHING! Numbers on the scale, but also NSV - looser clothes, better health, more energy, etc. It'll keep you going when the scales don't move! And I like the idea of 10# at a time... break it up inot doable smaller parts! GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Education is the best advice, awesome links from 4legs!

building a habit of daily exercise is an important step to health (and weight loss is a nice effect that comes with it). Just walking a little each day is a great way to start. It is easy on you and something to do if you can't think of anything else.

Finding a exercise you enjoy is an easy way to keep a habit going. So try lots of exercises if you aren't sure what you like!

Be patient. Be consistent. Keep going. :) You can definitely do it.
  • twiggyiamnot
    Options
    Wow, you guys are all so helpful - thank you!!