Proud of myself!!!!!! :)

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
So.....I had a maintain on the scale this week. SIGH!...whatever, big deal. I mean, yes, it ticked me off for a minute but I am a sensible kind of gal and know that I am doing everything right so it is what it is this week. For whatever reason, my body is taking a rest.

BUT, I went to the gym and did my normal workout and burned a ton of calories on the elliptical. Then, my friend came late and she was walking on the treadmill, so I went and started walking beside her to cool down and chit chat a bit....and she started to run for a few minutes and I decided to try it with her. I have always been curious about running but have always been intimidated too for some reason. But, even after my hour + on the elliptical, I was able to run for a few minutes and felt GREAT. I felt confident and in shape and like I could have kept going had my legs not already been a little tired from my elliptical workout. I wasn't even winded!! I only had the incline up at 3 and the speed at 5.0 (since I was already in cool down mode) but for ME that is a HUGE accomplishment!!! Take THAT treadmill!!! :wink:

I feel good that I can start adding some bursts of running to my workout and hopefully work up to doing it regularly. Now, I just have to get proper shoes so I don't mess my shins up!

Anyway, I just had to share! I am just so amazed that I might actually be considered a FIT and maybe even working up to being *Gasp*...athletic person!!!! Go figure!! :laugh: :happy:

Yet another reason that feeling good about yourself is so much more than what the number on the scale says!

Hang in there everyone!! :flowerforyou:
-Tami

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    So.....I had a maintain on the scale this week. SIGH!...whatever, big deal. I mean, yes, it ticked me off for a minute but I am a sensible kind of gal and know that I am doing everything right so it is what it is this week. For whatever reason, my body is taking a rest.

BUT, I went to the gym and did my normal workout and burned a ton of calories on the elliptical. Then, my friend came late and she was walking on the treadmill, so I went and started walking beside her to cool down and chit chat a bit....and she started to run for a few minutes and I decided to try it with her. I have always been curious about running but have always been intimidated too for some reason. But, even after my hour + on the elliptical, I was able to run for a few minutes and felt GREAT. I felt confident and in shape and like I could have kept going had my legs not already been a little tired from my elliptical workout. I wasn't even winded!! I only had the incline up at 3 and the speed at 5.0 (since I was already in cool down mode) but for ME that is a HUGE accomplishment!!! Take THAT treadmill!!! :wink:

I feel good that I can start adding some bursts of running to my workout and hopefully work up to doing it regularly. Now, I just have to get proper shoes so I don't mess my shins up!

Anyway, I just had to share! I am just so amazed that I might actually be considered a FIT and maybe even working up to being *Gasp*...athletic person!!!! Go figure!! :laugh: :happy:

Yet another reason that feeling good about yourself is so much more than what the number on the scale says!

Hang in there everyone!! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Wow just the fact that you got on the elliptical is awesome to me! haha That's such an awesome workout! So how many cals did you actually burn?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    You just make me smile.

Congrats on kickin that treadmills butt.
  • Glammy
    Glammy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great job!

I bought a pair of in-line skates this week and I've been trying them out for a few minutes each day - usually at 10:00 at night when the road is wide open and no one watching! But it does feel good to try something you never saw yourself doing pre-MFP. :happy:

My scale hasn't moved this week either, but the pants are fitting better! :laugh:
  • food_junkie
    Options

:happy:
  • heyjuede
    heyjuede Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    congrats on the success! :smile: my trainer at the gym makes me switch equipment every 15-20 mins to keep my body guessing, i guess:laugh: but i am definitely ready to get the heck of the elliptical by 20 mins!!:sick:

keep up the good work!!:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Yeah, I have mastered the elliptical.....got that down WELL!! I do 65 min on the elliptical with the arms at interval setting, level 19...and then I do another 20 minutes on the elliptical without the arms but with the incline!! HAHA! And today I added on 30 minutes of walking and a few minutes of running. SOO, I definitely have a few exercise cals to eat!! :laugh:

Oh, Crystal.....my combo elliptical workouts usually has me burning around 1100 cals. I enter my weight in, etc. It actually read over 1200 today but I subtract some since they are inconsistent.

I'm not sure how much more I burned with my walking and running though!! hahaha!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    awesome!! :bigsmile:
  • pamelawilliams
    Options
    You go girl, keep up the good work. :smile:

85625.png
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    :drinker: That's awesome! I love those moments when I realize that I have passed a milestone:drinker:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE DA BOMB!!!!:drinker:

So proud of you too sis!!!:flowerforyou:

I think you're gonna be our next member of the runner's club here...just a hunch!!!:wink:

*high five* and big hugs!!!
    Ali :heart:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    YOU ARE DA BOMB!!!!:drinker:

So proud of you too sis!!!:flowerforyou:

I think you're gonna be our next member of the runner's club here...just a hunch!!!:wink:

*high five* and big hugs!!!
    Ali :heart:

You just might be right!! I am already itchin to go running again! :)

Thanks girl!! :bigsmile:

:heart:
    Tam

Oh, and I got your text after I left the gym! You are not a bad mother! You are the BEST mother ever!!!! HUGS!!!! Love you!
  • RedCurls
    RedCurls Posts: 56
    Options
    You go girl! I have had the same problem with the treadmill... running scares me to death! I tried it the other day and I felt like I was too jiggly so I slowed down to a fast walk. After doing the Arc Trainer I feel like I could run but I feel like the people behind me on the bikes are watching all my jiggles. I am probably just parinoid. Maybe I will try it again soon too!

Leah
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    you know, Tam , the things we do to psyche ourselves out sometimes-- I started running at age 41, three years ago, but would only run at night because ( well, it's cooler then, and I overheat-- ) I didn't want people to see me. Now even though when I see people overweight who are running I say, "Good for them," I assume people will point and laugh so I wouldn't do it "in the open" for a long time.

It's still an emotional obstacle-- go figure-- but, I will run in the daylight now.

So good for you-- yes, you can run, and so can I and so can we all-- and be proud of it.!!!!!

Way to go--
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    you rock Tami!!!!

jackie:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Believe me, if I can get up the nerve to run in front of people, you can too!! :laugh: :wink:

HUG!
    Tam
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    You're just awesome!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:heart: &{hugs} :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You totally rock! :drinker: