skinny girl trying to firm up

Options
Hello all! I'm 28 and have always been very thin. My metabolism has inevitably slowed down significantly in recent years and I'm now having to adjust my eating/introduce some exercise into my daily routine. I've notoriously eaten large portions of anything I could cram in my mouth for years and love lounging around watching netflix lol. Unfortunately, I now have a nice pooch over my lower abs, little definition to my abs at all, love handles, and worst of all...my butt now sags and shows wayyy more cellulite than I thought possible :( I've never been one to worry about fat, but I would like to get some definition back by toning up! I've been doing daily squat, crunch, and plank exercises to focus on my problem areas. Amy suggestions for dietary ways to eliminate belly fat? It has now become my nemesis!

Replies

• ChrisUK70
    ChrisUK70 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am working on shifting a lot of fat and succeeding (still a long way to go) so I am in a different situation to you.

However I work with a guy your age who is pretty fit and trying to get his body fat down to a really low number, he is doing a lot of resistance training and he is following The Low Carb Diet by Tim McFerris have a look at it.

Also if you work a muscle group you need to give at least a days rest for the muscle to repair itself.

Good Luck

Chris
  • holmzyyy
    holmzyyy Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Heidi, my name is Alex I am 18. I play tennis a lot and also regularly attend the gym. I would suggest on the days your working out eat mainly carbs and protein, avoid eating any foods high in saturated fat I.e crisps, chocolate etc. you could also try doing HIIT (high intensity Interval training) which burns a lot of fat also. If you feel de motivated at any point think back to why you started and keep telling yourself you can do it because you can. My last bit of advice is to try having no rest periods in between sets e.g plank or cardio as it prolongs the fat burning process and will ensure good results. I hope you find anything I've said useful and lose your "pouch" over your lower abs and get back to being fit and healthy, good luck! ;)
  • QueenErised46
    Options
    Welcome!!
    I understand you so well. I used to be thin too but then I got sick and due to some reasons I gained a lot of weight and now it's hard to shed some pounds... but I think that MFP motivates a lot :) feel free to add me! xx
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm going to leave this link here because I think it's a great starting point: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach