I lost it...now what?

Options
First, thanks to everyone on this site, especially the creators (is that you, MIke?). How many things this life-altering can you get for free. Until I starting logging calories I was doing nothing right. My best to all of you!

I had lost about four lbs when I came on in September or so. Since then I've met my goal to weigh less than 200 and have a BMI in the healthy range. I started at 228 lbs and BMI of 27. I am now 199.4 lbs and a BMI of 23.6. Mission accomplished! But now I need maintenance advice...

Should I just reset my goals in myfitnesspal and adjust accordingly? That seems kind of silly: I've gotten into a very healthy workout routine so I don't plan an buring many fewer calories. My fiancee says "don't lose any more weight." So...I'll be eating more calories I suppose, but what is healthy? What have you done that works? So many of you (us) have lost the weight, only to gain it back when the goal arrived.

Let me know what your advice is!

t

Replies

• polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Just keep counting and eating and staying healthy and be mindful to keep yourself in check. Maybe do a fitness goal now. Also I have to say one more thing........May the Schwarz be with you lol ( I hope you get the reference)
  • stujones2000
    Options
    Set yourself goals, maybe things that you have always wanted to do but thought they might be out of reach.

Maybe a fun run, or half marathon or something... then train towards that. Or choose a hobby which involves a relative amount of fitness and one which will keep you fit doing it... swimming, cycling, even golf.

Keep giving yourself goals or events to look forward too. Eat as healthy as can be but relax and don't become obsessive about it... weigh yourself every couple of weeks, if you are going the wrong way on the scales then address the problem, if not then enjoy!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    If you set the goals to "maintenence" and log your food and exercise as you normally would and eat to your cals. My plan when I get there is to use the maintenence setting to get myself used to how much food is needed to maintain my weight and then stop logging all the time, but that's just me.
  • darrenw74
    darrenw74 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not there yet, but I look at this as a lifestyle change rather than a diet.

I'll be changing the goals to maintenance mode when I get to my goal, but I intend to still try to be mindful of my calories lest I just put it all back on. It'll still be nicer, as I'll have more calories I can eat, and sneaking in foods like pizza will be less of a big deal.
  • toddschwarz
    toddschwarz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Gee I've never heard that before .... :laugh: Thanks!

t
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    One thing I have seen on the message boards over and over is that when people up the calories to maintenance they gain weight. Maybe figure out what your maint. cals are and move up slowly over a period of weeks until you level off. I would keep logging and counting for now until you have the new calorie level under control and can recognize portion sizes at that level.

Congrats! and Good Luck!