P90X - Scared

Options
13»

Replies

• activejen84
    activejen84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hey all, I just received my p90x today in the mail. I am stoked but scared at the same time. It didn't come with any guides or books so I was wondering for the first day do I put in the first disc and do that then go to the second and so forth? The first time you do it, is it the warm up then straight to push ups then chin pull ups? I know there's no easing yourself into it, it's intense but I just want to make sure I am doing it right. I am way overweight and I have a lot to lose, I tried so hard to last the whole 1 hour but I did it about a half hour my arms were shaking badly and felt like jello.. I hope I can really finish this dang video, thank goodness for a pause button!!! Support needed here!!!
  • lynseya83
    lynseya83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about not managing the whole disk in one go! - you can get better week by week! I still pause it a few of times while doing it and have a rest! I figure if i do the whole thing then who cares if I'm taking 3 5min breaks to get through it! Just keep at it!
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I did the original P90X 3-1/2 years ago when I started to make my transition towards fitness, and believe me, getting through any of these day one workouts in full is an accomplishment in and of itself. I made it through HALF of my first workout, and after day two, I was essentially crippled from DOMS.

Keep at it - it will get easier as you go and some of the most fun that those programs offer is knocking down moves you couldn't previously do or doing more weight or reps than you could previously.
  • jghayes8
    jghayes8 Posts: 14
    Options
    Keep hitting play, you will be surprised by how soon it gets easier. I did P90x classic 3 times, p90x2 once, half of Insanity (it injured me), and now I do a combo of Body Beast and T25. The first time I hit play I couldn't even keep up. I am now in better shape than I was in high school and I am 59. You will succeed, just keep going.
  • activejen84
    activejen84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I am soooo sore today LOL, that tells me I did something right haha!!! Today my goal is to to finish that darn video. ..