Oats for breakfast

Anyone else a fan of oatmeal for breakfast every morning.
I actually look forward to it.

1/2 cup of plain organic oats
1 tbsp natural peanut butter
cinnamon powder

everyday without fail. love it!

Replies

• jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    i look forward to it every day too :) .. always add blueberries in mine
  • monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Love oatmeal. Lately I've been eating high protein cinnamon oat pancakes preworkout.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Love it. This time of year (berry season) I add cinnamon, splash of almond milk (I can't eat dairy), and raspberries or blueberries. When no fruit is in season, I add almond milk, a scoop of canned pumpkin (100% pumpkin, not that pie filling stuff), cinnamon, and sliced almonds.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Used to eat it religiously, but have replaced it with a low carb bircher muesli of my own making since switiching over to lower carb.

When I did eat porridge, I loved to make it with water, and just a little milk. That, a little brown sugar and a little cinnamon comprised my base porridge, which I then added a variety of additions to. Some of my favourite additions were dried cranberries, home made apple sauce and grated apple. Peanut butter was a lovely filling addition too, with a lovely creaminess. Also adding a handful of frozen blueberries just before the porridge was cooked, I enjoyed too. Nuts, especially flaked almonds, or even ground almonds are always a nice addition, as well as my own ground seed mix which was equal parts sunflower, pumpkin, flax and hemp :)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    LOVE oatmeal, but only eat it on the weekends because I'm not a morning person and rushing to get to work during the week! Mine is PB&J oatmeal. Cook frozen blueberries with the oatmeal, then stir in peanut butter when it's done. Add a cup of French vanilla coffee... Is it the weekend yet???

During the week I combine yogurt, oats, milk and frozen fruit in a jar at least overnight and bring to work as an afternoon snack. Oh yeah and a pinch of chocolate chips. Because chocolate!

I really find oats keep me from getting hungry for longer than just about anything else...
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    oh me too! i've been having oatmeal for breakfast nearly every day for a good 7 or 8 months. i use mom's quick oats, some peanut butter, cocoa powder, sometimes cinnamon and sometimes berries or a banana and i'm good to go.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I usually only eat it in the winter...I don't like rolled oats and prefer steel cut, but never have the time and patience for that crap so my middle ground is Coach's Oats. But pretty much only in the winter...it just seems like a winter food to me. This time of year is my favorite because I enjoy an abundance of fresh fruit with my scrambled eggs.
  • ChrisUK70
    ChrisUK70 Posts: 54 Member
    Great idea with the peanut butter I normally have it plain.