Herbalife

Options
Any comments regarding herbalife? Is it effective or a waste of money?

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Go read your Visalus thread again. Same answer.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    HUGE waste of money. Eat real food at a deficit and you'll lose weight just as well, without being miserable.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    You really are determined to find a magic formula aren't you? There is none. Eat less, move more.
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    You really are determined to find a magic formula aren't you? There is none. Eat less, move more.

This.
  • acookieclicker
    Options
    Herbalife is a fad diet. I've known people who lost weight doing it, and gained it all back as soon as they stopped. It's not a viable option for long term weight management. Try eating at the recommended deficit and exercising!
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Not many people on MFP will have good things to say about 'diets' we're all for eating less and moving more on here i'm afraid :drinker:
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    It's the same idea as slim fast, celebrity slim, exante etc...meal replacement shakes etc. Works by creating a calorie deficit. Better for long term health to create this via your own eating habits :)
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    waste of money - eat healthy and exercise
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    They make it seem like the "easy" way, but honestly it's only the easy way for them to line their pockets with your cash. It may work for you for a while, but it's not likely something you'll do the rest of your life. Eat your food. Take a week, just log what you normally eat, then turn that food into a deficient, make some changes to meet your macros, but keep it simple as possible.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you're not likely to do one of these 'fad diets' for the rest of your life, which means your weight loss will be short lived. Your best bet would be to take the time to learn something about losing weight through caloric restriction and exercise, because the things you learn on that journey will [hopefully] stay with you forever & help you keep the weight off.
  • shreddedtrooper
    shreddedtrooper Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    agreed with above, but slightly different. I utilzed a "meal replacement" for approximately 3-4 months, learned what it was truly giving me and found alternatives. If you must go ahead, but learn rather and implement the ideas of deficit and exercise while on this. Its not a fix all but has its merits. You'll find over time as I did, save your money and buy real food and instead learn how to manipulate Macros and you'll be set. Best of luck
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Agree with all of the above posters - a complete waste of money. Create your own calorie deficit. If products like Herbalife worked, no one would be overweight.