Are My Measurements Large For My Weight?

Options
So I just started this three days ago, I'm 5'4 and 125 pounds but I find that while some 6s fit me fine, and 4Ls fit me fantastic, I find certain brands (Bullhead Denim) are tight even in size 7!
My measurements are 33 bust, 27 waist, 34 real hips and 38 low hips (didn't know which was best to use). I don't think I LOOK particularly squat, but I was wondering what sizes other peo

Replies

• aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Junior sizes are cut differently from misses sizes. The proportions are different. Junior size 7 is smaller than misses size 6! I am 5' 3 1/2" and weigh somewhere in the hundred-teens. I wear size 4 jeans. I probably would not be able to fit into many size 5s.I think what it is, is that junior sizes are cut smaller in the waist/larger through the hips snd thighs and misses sizes are cut larger in the waist and smaller through the hips/thighs. When I am 121 lbs., I measure 36"-29"-34," thigh 19." A few size 4s are too tight, a few size 4s are too loose! 4 is my normal size; however, clothing size varies according to the brand and style. So, your measurements and clothing size seem to be right on target for your height and weight.
  • cyost98
    cyost98 Posts: 2
    Options
    Awesome thanks! That helps a lot; juniors are odd sizes? I moved from Sydney a couple years ago and never picked up on that ???? thank you!
  • Rosyone
    Rosyone Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Back when I was in my 20s sizes were much better standardized than they are now, and misses and junior sizes tracked reasonably well. Junior sizes were generally less curvy versions of the misses sizes just above them. But vanity sizing has caused them to drift apart and has hit misses sizes much harder (because of the broadening bottoms of aging baby boomers?). A current 7 is much closer to what an 8 used to be than it is to what an 8 is now. I was a 10 back then, and now I'm a 2 or 4 at about the same weight. I couldn't have worn a 7 back then and now I often can. But not always.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Vanity sizing-- I wear size 4 now, which is equivalent to the size 9 I wore in high school in the 1960s at this weight!
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    http://sizes.darkgreener.com/

Boom. It goes by famous brands and their indiviual standards for sizing. Each has a different preferred cut. You'd be amazed how much the numbers will vary.
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have officially given up trying to find "my size" in clothing. I hold something up, if it looks like it might fit I go try it on.

I'm 54 and weigh 133lbs. I'm 5'4". I find interesting to note that when I was in my early 20s - weighing 120lbs or so, I pretty much always wore a size 10. I recently picked up a pair of pants in size 6 and shorts in a size 4. :huh:
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Your measurements are almost the same as mine and I wear the same sizes as you most of the time, depending on brand......I too have given up looking by size and just go by what fits, since the sizing seems so random. I used to fit juniors better because I wasn't "curvy" at all, but since I started trying to build muscle it's harder to fit those, I fit the misses better. I was looking in a store the other day where they had obviously been hit hard by vanity sizing.....I held up a size 4 and it looked so huge I didn't even bother to try it on, and that was the smallest size they had.