Gained a pound...

Options
tracymayo1
tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
Bleh! Just finished TOM and had my weekly weigh in this morning. Gained a pound.. or I think I did - I really need to get a scale that is either digital or easier to see... at 5'11 I am SOOOOOO far away from the red pointer and the little black lines that show where I am....

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Weight fluctuates even on a daily basis. Look at the long term trend and make sure you are using other resources to check your progress as well:

Mirror
    Clothes
    Measurements - Waist, Hips, Thighs, etc.
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yeah you're weight fluctuates a lot. Don't sweat it. Pictures help too!
  • tracymayo1
    Options
    Oh, I know that it will fluctuate.. still gives me the little "downer" feeling, especially because I FELT lighter, and it seems to me that I have lost weight.. but the scale says otherwise.

I do have to retake my measurements - I last did it about 2 weeks ago, so I suppose I can redo that and see.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Throw away the scale. And don't buy another.
  • tracymayo1
    Options
    Yeah you're weight fluctuates a lot. Don't sweat it. Pictures help too!

I took some photos a few days ago. I intend to take more further along the way. Pretty sure it wouldn't show just yet. I figure maybe after a month the photos might show a difference.
    I almost always fail when I try to lose weight, so I am a little discouraged. I am hoping I am eating ok - I am weighing my foods wherever possible (instead of using cups etc...) as I am sure that weight is more accurate... but being on my own for this, I don't trust that Im doing this right....
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I take progress pics monthly. I haven't lost but like 1 or 2 pounds maybe since I started MONTHS ago, but my inches have gone down like crazy. I swore up and down I had gained weight, that I looked "fatter", but I took my last progress picture and that gave me a reality check.
  • scrounger888
    scrounger888 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about a pound in the short run. I can go up and down 10 pounds during TOM, and 5 or more a day in some circumstances, so look at the larger picture of clothes fitting, and weight month to month. NEVER weigh at TOM... the bloating can really wreck the appearance of loss... know it will pass and step off the scale. (I actually need to post this on my own scale now that I've written it).
  • Slyvestie
    Slyvestie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same happening to me too, feeling really good! Jeans getting looser, thinking hey I'm looking a bit less bulky. Hop on scales nothing is changing, last week weighed 4 pound less only to find it up 4 pound this week putting me right back where I started! :sad:
  • jnetholmer
    jnetholmer Posts: 30
    Options
    I had the same problem at first...4 weeks and saw virtually no weight loss...BUT I kept at it and I have now lost 5 pounds...seems that every time I step on the scale is is going down. Your weight can fluctuate up to 2 pounds during a day and 4 pounds from one day to the next. Just keep working at it, track your calories, and hopefully it will work! I am 5 weeks into it and although I haven't seen the results I want to see, they are slowly coming! Good Luck!
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Water retention is normal. Look for overall trends over a long period of time. I weighed 142 yesterday. 137.6 today. 138.4 the day before yesterday. Even though I weigh in at the same time every day, my body is doing its own thing. Try not to let it get to your head, I seriously doubt you unwittingly ate a surplus of 3500 in addition to your maintanence calories and gained a whole pound.
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Just drink some extra water and be happy! It will be okay. If you keep gaining then reassess but otherwise you are probably just holding onto some excess fluids from your TOM.
  • tracymayo1
    Options
    24 days in and I am still doing it.
    Making myself drink more water.. cut out my coffee this morning so I would be thirsty and would drink (I dont really drink anything during the day other than my 1 cup of coffee and maybe a tea in the evening and a glass of milk with dinner)
    So I am feeling that maybe THAT is why I may be retaining water.

I still have the 3lbs off from the first week - so I guess that is something.
    I also have plans to buy myself a digital scale recommended by others here as being very accurate, cause I think seeing half pounds and such coming off will help too.

Smokey... yeah, no words for you buddy...