Uneven Weight Loss

Options
weavernv
weavernv Posts: 1,555 Member
Does anyone else have this problem -- I seem to be losing more weight in my hips than I am in my waist. So my clothes are fitting weird. If pants are hipsters they fall off, but if they fit up around the waist they look to big for me, but still fit in the waist, so I can't exactly buy new clothes yet. I want to lose in my waist (well I've lost 2.5 inches there, but it's not enough yet...) :smile: I'm confused.

Thanks

Replies

• markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This is perfectly normal so don't worry about it. Unfortunately, you can't spot train fat. It will eventually burn off and even out as you continue to exercise and eat healthy. Just try to be patient with your body =).
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    That's entirely determined by your genes. The fat pile on where the body is programmed to store it and will come off where the DNA template says it should. Mind and body don't usually agree. It's not weird, it's actually very normal for people to gain or lose weight in specific places first, and you may even share similar results with close family members.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everyone has spots that go fast and spots that go slow. It is what it is.
  • PrissyPisces
    PrissyPisces Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I hate that. UGH!
    I've always had a tummy, so that'll be the last place I lose. I finally started getting some booty, so that'll definitely be the very first thing to go. It's tragic. :laugh: Wish I could keep the thighs and hips, but lose the tummy, arms, back fat, and face fat. Then I'd be good. :grumble:
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've totally been there. BUT-keep going. It evens out after awhile. If you'd like some accountability/motivation shoot me a friend request.
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yep. Exact same problem. I've been at this for 6 months and my pants look ridiculous around the legs, but my hips will not shrink at all. At least a few old shirts are fitting better now, but...I can't wait for an excuse to buy new pants!
  • weavernv
    weavernv Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Well, I measured, and I don't understand, because my hips are the same but the pants are fitting different, so something is different there... LOL! Maybe it's the part of the stomach that doesn't get measured. I don't know. My pants don't fit right around the hips and the lower stomach. LOL! It's nice to know I'm loosing, I just don't where now... It's hilarious.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    It could be just your natural body type, unfortunately, you could be predisposed to hold weight around your middle.

I've read somewhere that if you lose weight, it goes in a last-in-first-out order, IE the last place you were putting your weight on is where you will lose weight first. I'm not sure how scientific it is, but it's kind of working that way for me. I'm pear-shape and hold a lot of weight on my hips, butt, and thighs, and those areas are reducing slower, but other places are more noticeable. I prefer to be proportioned that way anyway so I am fine with it.

I would recommend trying to find someplace that specializes in jeans and fitting, for every body type there is a jean to flatter you, you just need some guidance to find out what it is.