Quick Question

Options
Hi there, I had a question regarding how to track my calories correctly. If I have my activity level set at highly active (I have a very physically demanding job), does that automatically factor in to my allotted calories for the day? In other words, do I not need to add in my work hours under the exercise area?

Replies

• swaggityswagbag
    swaggityswagbag Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes. You do not need to add your exercise calories, because your calorie allotment was made with your activity in mind.
  • rebeccaisafish
    rebeccaisafish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yes. You do not need to add your exercise calories, because your calorie allotment was made with your activity in mind.

That's not quite right.

If you're doing exercise outside of your normal daily activity then you SHOULD be logging it as exercise.

However you do not include your incedental exercise that is a part of your job as that is covered by you selecting "highly active"

So only add in anything that you do above beyond your normal day
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Anything you do beyond "normal" I'm a server on Friday nights and Sunday morning at a local restaurant (I work a desk job too during the week) and I don't log that running around. However, if I go for an extra run or do an exercise video I log that. Feel free to send me a friend request or check out my dairy if you like.