HCG

Options
I have heard about the HCG Diet and was hoping that someone would shed some light on this - i would like to try it but am worried about side affects later on in life, 500 calories is too little, dont you think? your thoughts would be appreciated.

Replies

• iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it, but at 800 calories a day. It is just a temp. solution though... after 30 days, I'm transitioning back to the traditional MFP recommendations and exercise. It's been working ... about .5 to 1 lb a day.
  • sultry_cuban
    sultry_cuban Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One thing first if you are into excercising then this diet is not for you because you are not allowed to exercise while you are on the program. and 500 is a little and you have to really pick out your food. but call some places around your city that expecialice and a lot of them have free information and consults. a few of my friends tried it but i have notice some of them are gaining again because they went back to there old routines.
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    I tried this diet with a friend of mine and my hair started coming out and my teeth hurt. I went off the diet and got really, really sick a couple of weeks later! This diet has caused major issues with me not only physically but mentally and I would NEVER reccommend this diet to anyone! 500 calories puts your body into starvation mode and the long term side effects are still unknown. SCARY!!!
  • Shayla888
    Options
    its not 500 its 800....and my parent are doing it and both have lost over 40 pounds.....its one month on and one month off......and what they do on their month off they eat regular stuff in healthier portions and using this doing the 1250 calorie program is perfect and you will be able to exercise on your month off so its balance. My parents love it.
  • Shayla888
    Options
    I tried this diet with a friend of mine and my hair started coming out and my teeth hurt. I went off the diet and got really, really sick a couple of weeks later! This diet has caused major issues with me not only physically but mentally and I would NEVER reccommend this diet to anyone! 500 calories puts your body into starvation mode and the long term side effects are still unknown. SCARY!!!

WHERE ARE YALL GETTING THIS 500 FROM THE ORINGINAL DIET CALLS FOR 800 CALORIES OF MOSTLY MEAT AND VEGGIES WITH SIDE FRUITS....NO WONDER YOU GOT SICK YALL ARE DOING IT WRONG........IF YOU NEED THE CORRECT DIET DETAILS SEND ME A MESSAGE I WILL BE HAPPY TO GIVE YOU THE SAFE PRODUCTIVE WAY
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    Each protocal is different. My protocal called for 500 calories. We used the oral drops. Perhaps this diet is good for obese/morbidly obese people. I only have 10 that I need to lose and 10 that I want to lose. The diet worked great for my friend, she is currently off of it and she was considered morbidly obese. I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not, but in my case this diet was no good. Excercise and eat right and the weight will come off and it will come off the way it is supposed to, in a healthy natural way. This diet is a quick fix and the only way to have long term results is to have a healthy lifestyle. Good luck on your decision!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    The research (the VALID research) that has been done on HCG shows that ALL of the weight loss effects can be attributed to the very low calorie diet. There is no independent effect of HCG.

So, if you want to follow a 500 calories/day diet, or 800 calories/day diet, knock your socks off. You will get whatever benefits associated with that type of eating plan and be subject to the potential shortcomings as well.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    The question to ask is how sustainable is this? 800 calories a day just doesn't seem realistic to me.
  • sairanasir
    sairanasir Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Shayla,

Can you send me the correct diet details. - thank you very much:)
  • MH_Jones
    Options
    I have done two phases on this diet... currently on my third. I lost about 50lbs through the first two and gained some of it back during the Holidays... I just didn't watch what I was eating close enough. I started again and am in day 9 - I have lost 14lbs so far.

The think I like best about this diet is there is an end in sight. - no more then 40 days (as little as 23) and you are on the next phase which is similiar to Adkins - no carbs bascially. This phase lasts for 3 weeks then you can start introducing carbs (high fiber/whole wheat variety) back into your diet. You have to monitor your weight carefully. I am following Dr. Simons protocol which calls for only 500 calories a day and I am using the oral drops. I am also working with an herbalist that is helping me support my body with natural herbs and vitamins. I feel great. I am determined to follow it this time. The nice part about it is when I was done with the 500 calorie part I would exercise moderatly about 3 days a week and would still lose weight.

You can Google the HCG protocol and find Dr. Seimons protocol online...