Scales at the gym

Options
Unsure of how to approach this..i weighed myself on my scales at home sunday morning and they showed me at one weight but when i weighed myself on the gym scales tonight after my workout id lost 2 pounds...in a day? Now as much as id love that to happen i highly doubt that its true. i think the gym ones are more accurate, not just because they show me as lighter but because i dont think my bathroom floor is very even. should i update my weight with the weight i show at the gym and use that one from now on?

Replies

• agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I always go by my scale at home. I try to set it at the same place every time I weigh. The gym scale always fluctuates too much, I think they don't recalibrate it as much as they should be.
  • My weight can fluctuate about 5 lbs within a week. Did you drink lots of water? Spend a long time without eating?
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I think you should weigh yourself at home right before you go to the gym, and then weigh at the gym. That way you will have a better idea of what the real difference is between them.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate a couple pounds a day. I always weigh myself after I pee in the morning to get a consistent weight.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I find the scale at the gym is a solid 2lbs difference from mine at home. With that said I use the one at home to log b/c I go to the gym in the afternoon and yadda yadda. :) I also find sometime at the gym it's not zero'd out so??? How accurate is it???
  • aimon87
    aimon87 Posts: 19
    Options
    often i go from work so i dont have chance to weigh myself. i tend to only weigh myself on a sunday morning when ive not eaten anything. i just really dont trust those scales at home. theyve always been very up and down, and my weight doesnt fluctuate that much! haha
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate ~5 lbs in a single day. Food, water, bathroom breaks all contribute to this. As far as the scales go, put a free weight on the gym scale. A 5 lb weight should weigh 5 lbs. If it is accurate it will display this. Then go with that one.
  • macjenkins
    macjenkins Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same problem. Only mine bounces between 2-8lbs lower than my home scale. As much as I would like to believe the gym scale, I'm sticking with the one at home. I weigh myself on it every morning and I'm the only one using it. Versus 3 dozen other women.
  • aimon87
    aimon87 Posts: 19
    Options
    I suppose i should stick with the one at home, just felt great getting on and being lighter haha i dont like to weigh myself everyday, i find it changes too much.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I can't resist weighing myself every day.. I know I shouldn't but can't help it, lol!