Abs workout important?

Options
I currently have a sort of 6 pack poping with just heavy lifting? I look really tight but hardly do any crunches or abs workout( I sort of feel it is not important) and that reducing my body fat tru lifting will reveal my 6pack? Should I incorporate some abs workout or have u gotten any results including some abs workout in ur routine?
Pls share your experiences, open to ur ides?

Replies

• steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I think you already answered you own question hahaha.

You're already achieving seeing abs through heavy lifting and reducing BF, so you're on the right path.

Additional core work is not needed, that's up to you.

I personally enjoy and add different variations of L-sits, planks, and rollouts to my routine.
  • nlcs_nickyv32
    Options
    As long as you are doing squats & deadlifts, there shouldn't be a need to do ab workouts. Those to lifts force you core to work to support yourself and the weight involved with each lift. Six packs come naturally when you have a low enough body fat percentage.

On certain days I do some planks, med ball side throws, or landmine twists just for supplemental work. I squat every workout and deadlift often as well so I don't do ab workouts too often.
  • awomaame25
    awomaame25 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yea I do squats n deads. Lol
    Thanks
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi, are you still concentrating on squats and deads? How's it all coming along? About to start reality wirking the abs and keen to know hat you think 5 months on? Cheers
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    From an overall strength, stability, and injury prevention stand-point it probably couldn't hurt. At some point you may likely have some strength limitations in the main lifts from your abs, obliques, quadratus-lumborum not being-up to par. That's one reason PL'ers do quite a bit of core training. Strength aside, having a strong core will help with overall health of your lower back in the long-term.