Scales at the gym

aimon87
aimon87 Posts: 19
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
Unsure of how to approach this..i weighed myself on my scales at home sunday morning and they showed me at one weight but when i weighed myself on the gym scales tonight after my workout id lost 2 pounds...in a day? Now as much as id love that to happen i highly doubt that its true. i think the gym ones are more accurate, not just because they show me as lighter but because i dont think my bathroom floor is very even. should i update my weight with the weight i show at the gym and use that one from now on?

Replies

• agartin
    agartin Posts: 274 Member
    I always go by my scale at home. I try to set it at the same place every time I weigh. The gym scale always fluctuates too much, I think they don't recalibrate it as much as they should be.
  • My weight can fluctuate about 5 lbs within a week. Did you drink lots of water? Spend a long time without eating?
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    I think you should weigh yourself at home right before you go to the gym, and then weigh at the gym. That way you will have a better idea of what the real difference is between them.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Your weight can fluctuate a couple pounds a day. I always weigh myself after I pee in the morning to get a consistent weight.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    I find the scale at the gym is a solid 2lbs difference from mine at home. With that said I use the one at home to log b/c I go to the gym in the afternoon and yadda yadda. :) I also find sometime at the gym it's not zero'd out so??? How accurate is it???
  • aimon87
    often i go from work so i dont have chance to weigh myself. i tend to only weigh myself on a sunday morning when ive not eaten anything. i just really dont trust those scales at home. theyve always been very up and down, and my weight doesnt fluctuate that much! haha
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Your weight can fluctuate ~5 lbs in a single day. Food, water, bathroom breaks all contribute to this. As far as the scales go, put a free weight on the gym scale. A 5 lb weight should weigh 5 lbs. If it is accurate it will display this. Then go with that one.
  • macjenkins
    macjenkins Posts: 62 Member
    I've been having the same problem. Only mine bounces between 2-8lbs lower than my home scale. As much as I would like to believe the gym scale, I'm sticking with the one at home. I weigh myself on it every morning and I'm the only one using it. Versus 3 dozen other women.
  • aimon87
    I suppose i should stick with the one at home, just felt great getting on and being lighter haha i dont like to weigh myself everyday, i find it changes too much.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    I can't resist weighing myself every day.. I know I shouldn't but can't help it, lol!
This discussion has been closed.