Anyone have luck with boob exercises?

Options
I just found this,
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/advice/health/breast-exercises - I don't know how reliable it is. Have any ladies had success with 'lifting' their breasts through exercise? When I was 14 I lost 80 pounds (and maintained), but I think that losing the weight at that point in my life kind of jipped me of the chance to have high boobs (lol, I don't know what to call them). Anyway, yeah. Is this a myth, or does it actually work? If I could get them to raise up about 2ish inches I'd be the happiest camper around.

Replies

• murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    They are called pectoral exercises, not boob exercises. That article is an insult to the intelligence of women. Breasts are made of breast tissue and fat, you can't exercise "boobs". However, doing chest exercises and building the muscle under the breasts can help give them a lift, it has with me anyway. I don't know about 2inches though lol
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Cosmo.. figures.

The first 3 could work. The lateral raises work the sides of your shoulders - which are anatomically irrelevant to your boobs. I mean pectorals.

I would follow a normal, full-body strength training program, like NROLFW. That will work your chest plenty, without overworking it like the Cosmo plan may - which can disrupt your posture.

Laying on your back on a stability ball may help. It stretches the muscles between your ribs, enabling you to keep your chest out and have better posture:

FuUYj9j.jpg

Use as small a ball as you can tolerate. Center it under the middle of your sternum - higher than where she has it.
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yep. I exercise and my moobs went away!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    OP...they are called perky. I never had perky even when I was young and thin. Either you're born to have them or have them surgically altered to be that way. You might be able to exercise a little lift to them....but 2 inches...?
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i dont know anything about the article in the mag, but heavy chest pressing has made my 46 year old saggy boobs go KA-POW. And heavy doesn't mean sissy 10 pound hand weights, it means muscle ripping heavy weight. sorry i dont have any pics, but i got huge pecs!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Erm, they are pretty much bags of glands & fat so you can't really exercise them.

BUT - There IS a way to get perky t*ts/raise them two inches in 3 easy steps:

1. pull in your stomach muscles;
    2. sit/stand up straight; and
    3. position your shoulders back & down. Lift your chin so it is parellel with the floor.

Added oomph - get a good bra.
  • CharlieSmurfetteFarley
    Options
    ah cosmo, what a fountain of knowledge. Think I once read in cosmo "Big night out? for a flat stomach by tonight, drink nothing but dandelion tea" then go out drinking? and I won't get dehydrated? wow, seems legit.
    Agree with the above post; you need a balanced resistance programme full stop. In terms of lifting your boobs, whilst yes chest exercises do help keep them perkier by developing the pectoral muscles, the author has neglected to balance that out with exercises for the back; if you simply work your chest you will probably end up with saggier boobs, as your chest muscles will be tighter and hunch your shoulders forward (see what happens to your boobs if you just try sitting in a forward slouching position with no bra on ;) so even it out with stuff like rows and reverse flyes.
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just had the most awesome cartoon image of a disembodied pair of boobs lifting weights with their nipples pop into my head. Priceless.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I´ll take this as an experiment :-D
    Doing this for six weeks and see if something changes....
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I´ll take this as an experiment :-D
    Doing this for six weeks and see if something changes....

And I'm in to see the results :D
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    There is an excellent chance that if you gain weight, your breasts will lift back up. I know for me, I would MUCH MUCH prefer to be overweight than have breast sag.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    After being over weight/fat for 20 years ( and yes I had perky ones in my early 20's) before the child anyway...mine are not perky...

my chest however is great...I have some pecs but it doesn't affect where my girls sit...

@aedreana you really have some odd priorities...wow.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You can almost take anything from cosmo and toss it out the window. It's a smut magazine- I read it from time to time- but I have no idea why- it mostly melts brain cells- their fashion advice is almost always wretched- their make up is so so- and their sex columns are the EXACT same month to month- and their fitness articles are one of the worst things to ever happen to women's fitness.
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    You can almost take anything from cosmo and toss it out the window. It's a smut magazine- I read it from time to time- but I have no idea why- it mostly melts brain cells- their fashion advice is almost always wretched- their make up is so so- and their sex columns are the EXACT same month to month- and their fitness articles are one of the worst things to ever happen to women's fitness.

QFT