SUGAR.

Options
_m0lly
_m0lly Posts: 900 Member
Getting really frustrated at the fact I keep going over on my sugar intake, purely because of the fruit I eat. I eat grapes, a banana and an apple for lunch each day and that alone makes me go over. I don't even eat sweets, god damn it.

Is anybody else experiencing this? :explode:

Replies

• Hybrice
    Hybrice Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Pretty common, bananas especially are full of sugars so you will always go over if you eat a lot of these.

Move on to fruit that's low in sugar, strawberries, rasperries etc. all good.
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    right, I know how you feel, I removed all of my fruit from my mini fridge and gave them to my son. I'm going for no sugar at all, yesterday I checked and saw that the fruit has sugar.
  • _m0lly
    Options
    :smile: Yeah, I got told that they're the good sugars that you do need. But like when you actually monitor your food you do notice that things like bananas and grapes have more than others. I'm not going to stop eating fruit, because it's keeping me healthy, but it is just really annoying.
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I LOVE LOVE fruits. I eat them in place of real meals, kind of crazy for them.
  • _m0lly
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I LOVE LOVE fruits. I eat them in place of real meals, kind of crazy for them.

I'm exactly the same! I bring fruit for lunch at work instead of sandwiches, etc. I've always been advised that that's a good thing so I don't really want to stop that.
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    keep eating low sugar/low carb fruits. very good for you. you need them.
    i cut out added sugar from my diet along with grains and processed food.. (Paleo)
    losing weight steadily, on around 2,000 calories a day.
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    stop tracking your sugar on here! MFP does not distinguish between a banana and a tub of frosting. You don't need to track sugar if your not eating sweets all the time.
  • Rachifloon
    Rachifloon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition where you need to cut down or remove the stuff, sugar is actually no where near as bad as people make it out to be. If anything, I'd stop tracking sugar as I assume you're tracking carbs (sugar are carbs) and start tracking something like fibre instead. Enjoy your fruit and stop worrying!!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Stop tracking sugar. It's pointless. Instead, just track the total carbs you're eating and keep it within your macros.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I don't track my sugar. I swapped it for fiber.

Unless you have a medical condition, tracking sugar isn't necessary.

Eat your fruits, as many as you want, within your calorie allotment.
  • _m0lly
    Options
    Thanks all, I'll stop tracking my sugar. Yes, I never go over my calories that's why it was so frustrating! Cheers for the help :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Bellellis
    Bellellis Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Molly, there is no getting away from it I'm afraid the only fruit which won't harm your attempts to lose body fat are tomatoes and avocados. Fruit is too high in sugar and will hamper your fat loss by keeping your insulin levels high. Try to avoid eating so much fruit, and when you have achieved your weight loss goal you can include low GI berries such as blueberries and strawberries to your diet.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Pretty common, bananas especially are full of sugars so you will always go over if you eat a lot of these.

Move on to fruit that's low in sugar, strawberries, rasperries etc. all good.
    Or just ignore MFPs stupidly low sugar figure. Unless you have a medical issue sugar is not a problem. Eat all the bananas you want (I eat around 4 a day)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Hi Molly, there is no getting away from it I'm afraid the only fruit which won't harm your attempts to lose body fat are tomatoes and avocados. Fruit is too high in sugar and will hamper your fat loss by keeping your insulin levels high. Try to avoid eating so much fruit, and when you have achieved your weight loss goal you can include low GI berries such as blueberries and strawberries to your diet.
    I'm sorry that's just nonsense. As someone who eats tons of fruit look at my ticker and how much it's impeded my weightloss
  • kecosne
    kecosne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. Frustrated that I am eating healthy and always go over my sugar. But, I was going to weight watchers and they say all fruit and veggies are free, no points need to be counted because fruits are good for you (good sugars). So just keep eating fruit, better than candy. You will lose the weight.
  • _m0lly
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. Yeah, I will never cut out fruit from my diet as they’re important to keep healthy and I’ve felt a lot better since I’ve included them into my daily eating. I’ve swapped the usual sandwiches/crisps I used to have for lunch, for a selection of fruit. In my opinion, that’s great. :smile:
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I eat 3-5 fruits a day. Works for me, as it does for many others.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I eat lots of fruit and lose weight just fine, because I stay under my calories. Unless someone has a medical condition where their doctor says to avoid fruit, this is bad advice.
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    :smile: Yeah, I got told that they're the good sugars that you do need. But like when you actually monitor your food you do notice that things like bananas and grapes have more than others. I'm not going to stop eating fruit, because it's keeping me healthy, but it is just really annoying.
    That's not necessary to do. Removing fruit really really isn't necessary. It was be virtually impossible to remove sugar from a well balanced diet.

I will just have a fruit a day, and he's already ate what I gave..no more fruit left.