Need some buddies, please! :))

Options
Hi everyone!

I am looking for friends to help me stay on track with my diet. I am 52 and have been on MFP for a few months. Exercising 5-days a week with weights and cardio with a 30f 30c 40p diet at 1500cal. Having trouble meeting my food intake goals.

Please help tell me what I am doing wrong so I can shed some weight. I haven't seen the scale move in over a year except to go up.

Help! SOS! Please friend me.

Replies

• TrillianHeir
    Options
    Hi, anglergirl3. I'd like to offer some assistance, but I have a couple questions first:

1) What types of carbohydrates are you eating?
    2) Considering you have the right types of carbs in your diet, have you tried ramping to a 50p/30f/20c ratio? This is more optimal for noticeable fat loss. To help dial in your macronutrient intake, based on your goals, you can find more info here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macro-math-3-keys-to-dialing-in-your-macro-ratios.html

Hope to hear from you soon :)
  • clensor1955
    clensor1955 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau like that and it lasted for 6 months. I cut my calories a little and added more cardio to my weekly routine and now I have started to lose a few pounds. I think sometimes you just have to switch things up a little. I still strength train but only once a week. As far as diet I didn't change much, just smaller portion size. Keep at it!! You got this!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can definitely do this. I used to think that I was destined to be overweight because it runs in my family. I am down 80 pounds in the past two years. If I can do it, anyone can! Feel free to add me.
  • anglergirl3
    anglergirl3 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can definitely do this. I used to think that I was destined to be overweight because it runs in my family. I am down 80 pounds in the past two years. If I can do it, anyone can! Feel free to add me.

Thank you everyone for all the great responses and support. I look forward to your friendships.
  • SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like. There are lots of different ideas, but I found that it's all in moderation. I ate fewer high Glycemic Index food (white starch, sugar) and could eat a higher volume of food on a daily basis to stay within my goal. Maintenance is hard for me -- I haven't gotten a balance quite right yet.
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yep. Sugar and carbs make a big difference. You can friend me. I'm on here all the time. Google FODMAPS. It's a list of foods that are high and low in sugar alcohols including fruits and veggies. Helped me a lot.