Hey I am 19 and new!!

Options
Hey guys, I am 19 and new to the site and I really need some support buddies!!! I would love to hear about your success stories right about now because I am thinking about giving up on this whole weight loss journey.

Replies

• hzm0016
    hzm0016 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey, I'm 20 and I just joined a few days ago myself! I need a buddy to keep me coming back to the site, too!
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hey I am 17 and not as new!! I'm not to my goal yet but I'm halfway there. I can say it's hard as hell but definitely worth it. Keep going, you won't regret it.
  • LMYERS94
    LMYERS94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey~ I'm 20 and I am starting to really get involved in MFP. I am hopping to find friends and supporters around my age, to share the struggles of being a teenage/young adult! I'm so nervous for when I go off to college and could use support and tips :) Good luck in your journey!
  • paulacalinagan
    paulacalinagan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used this last year for a few days, quit, and started back up again a week ago! I like to think of it as a game and it's fun for me to add different foods and track my steps. It really helps you become aware of portion sizes. I also bought a Vivofit which helps track how much calories I'm really burning each day, and it sets me up with random people to challenge for the most steps.

I think for everyone that's just starting needs to just work at their own pace and it's really not that hard, especially for people our age. Start on small changes and log them in your Food Diary. If you look at my diary I went over on my calorie limits a few times, but I think logging them down helps because it just makes me more aware of what I'm eating. I've already lost 3 pounds, which is not a lot but I feel like I've made a big change.

I also follow this page:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/

There's a lot of people that talk about their weight loss stories and it makes me believe that it's possible. Feel free to add me and we can support each other!!!!
  • kellydean52
    Options
    How do you get that myfitnesspal thing underneath your post?
  • katiemlandry
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!
  • rashidat_e_
    rashidat_e_ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hay,

I just got this like 2 days ago. Still trying to work my way around it. I'm 23 and trying to get back to my weight before the kids or at least close. (140lbs)
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! You can do this!!!
  • kaseykhloe
    Options
    Hey i am 18 im Kasey hope we can reach our goals!
  • AimeeStokes1
    Options
    Hi, I'm 19 and from the UK. I started this a few months ago then lost interest so I really need some support to stay motivated this time! Feel Free too add me!
  • jimbopolo
    jimbopolo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Keep going, im in my second week now and still going strong at the moment but its only a matter of time before we all need a kick in the right direction to keep on track. feel free to add :)
  • bbardwell0916
    bbardwell0916 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Success: I lost about 25lbs using MFP last time (Before I got pregnant) Now I've already lost 10lbs. Don't give up :) It may take some time to reach your goals, but it'll be worth it. I'll gladly give support and be friends through if :) feel free to add me anytime