anyone know easy few ingredient sauces or marinades?

Options
shaddowstorm
shaddowstorm Posts: 155 Member
Just after some sauces/marinades that only need a couple things and nothing fancy like white or red wine.
Thanks.

Replies

• TonyPillz
    TonyPillz Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Everyone overlooks the old el paso spice mixes , theres many varieties and they are cheap and have nothing in them , i marinate all my meat in those babys.
  • GarethChapman
    Options
    I've been going low carb recently and don't like the ol el paso 'cus they're packed for of carbs. This is my favorite at the moment - it's kinda like a home made Nando's source and I use it with chicken all the time.

juice of one orange
    1 chili
    1 red capsicum/bell-pepper
    2 cloves of garlic
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp paprika powder
    1 tbsp oregano
    4 tbsp olive oil
    1 tbsp dark vinegar

1) Deseed chili & bell pepper and peel garlic.
    2) roughly cut peppers & garlic to make it easier for food processor to chop
    3) put all ingredients in food processor (if you don't have one just chop everything small and mix in a bowl - same thing)

For a real spicy chicken with stir fry dice chicken & pour source over the top then fry in the source for 20 mins until all the source boils down and soaks into chicken. Stir fry veg in a separate pan.

For a type of curry add diced chicken to pan with diced 2 carrots, 100g green beans, 2 onions, 2 diced bell peppers and cook until source boils down (a bit like risotto without the rice :-) )

For spicy kebabs dice chicken and add to kebab skewers (metal ones cook easier) pour source over all chicken, cover and leave to marinate in refrigerator for several hours at least.

For lightly spicy kebabs same as above but cook straight away without marinating.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I made a chicken stir fry the other night and this was yummy.

4 tablespoons of soy sauce
    4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
    6 tablespoons of clear honey

Mix it toegther then add in to the stiry fry once meat is cooked and once veggies are nearly done. Just keep stirring and the liquid cooks down and leaves a sweet kind of sticky sauce.
  • GarethChapman
    Options
    Here's another chicken one - great for BBQs & very easy.

Ingredients:
    1) 1 x 700g bag of frozen chicken breast defrosted
    2) 1 chilli
    3) 4 spring onions
    4) 4 garlic cloves
    5) 1 tsp salt
    6) 1 tsp pepper
    7) 1 tsp mixed herbs
    8) Several big lugs of olive oil
    9) 1 tupperware box for mixing ( just easier & quicker than a bowl)

Instructions
    1) Dice chicken into pieces roughly 2 inches squares and
    2) Finely chop chili & spring onions
    4) Peel & finely chop garlic cloves
    5) Add everything to your tupperware box & shake well (Leave to marinate in fridge for several hours before cooking for even more flavor)
    6) Pour over a BBQ hot plate & cook
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    All of these sound delicious.

I use greek yogurt as a base for a lot of different sauces and marinades. For example:

With fish: greek yogurt, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper, garlic

For a marinade with any type of meat: greek yogurt, salt and pepper, garlic, a pinch of brown sugar or honey, lots of fresh herbs or just use a dried Italian seasoning blend or Mrs Dash, lemon juice. The yogurt makes the meat really tender if you can marinade overnight.

As a 'sour cream and chives' dip without the sour cream: greek yogurt, half a crumbled up chicken stock cube, chopped up chives, chopped spring onion or regular onion, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt and pepper to taste and any other herbs you like

As a spicy dip or marinade (great with potato or sweet potato wedges): greek yogurt and siracha, (really spicy sauce)

Easy guacamole: greek yogurt, mashed avocado, salsa, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste

I'm using greek yogurt instead of mayo, cream cheese or sour cream in various recipes and finding great results - it is important to me to adapt favourite foods.

The trick is to find a brand you like that has the right kind of texture - try the authentic greek yogurt brands and not 'greek style' if your budget stretches to them; we use Liberte (I'm in the UK) and it is a lot cheaper than Fage (which is fantastic but it gets pricey when you go through as much as we do in a week...).

Also www.skinnytaste.com has a fantastic range of recipes for marinades and dips, among many other things.
  • imaccountable4me
    imaccountable4me Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I make a simple marinade of :
    juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 T depending on size of lemon)
    2T dijon mustard
    olive oil I usually use a little less than 1T
    1-2 t garlic (I buy the jar already minced)
    then I sprinkle in dried thyme, oregano a little sea salt and pepper

Mix it all together and pour over your meat in a ziploc bag. I do this before going to work in the morning for that nights dinner.

I usually use it on lamb chops, but it is great on a pork tenderloin or chops. I haven't used it on chicken, but imagine that would be great too.
  • salzej01
    salzej01 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    :creeps:
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I made a chicken stir fry the other night and this was yummy.

4 tablespoons of soy sauce
    4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
    6 tablespoons of clear honey

Mix it toegther then add in to the stiry fry once meat is cooked and once veggies are nearly done. Just keep stirring and the liquid cooks down and leaves a sweet kind of sticky sauce.

I have this sauce in the crockpot right now with a pork tenderlion. Its smells fantastic!! I also added crushed red pepper and garlic. YUM!!

ETA: My measurements were a little different. 1 cup broth, 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of honey. Mixed together and then poured it over the tenderlion.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic. Done. Add fresh ginger if you're feeling spicy.
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Smittenkitchen.com has a wonderful 3 ingredient salsa recipe.
  • mollyann34
    mollyann34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Super easy kale tacos

kale, broccoli, chickpeas (1 Tbs nutritional yeast, 1 tsp garlic salt, and soy sauce (I use coconut aminos))
    add a little salt and hot sauce if desired
    throw it in a corn tortilla or top it over brown rice

Seriously amazing!