Getting married must loose weight for the dress!!

Options

Replies

• R_Bedard
    R_Bedard Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It is definitely possible! I lost 35 pounds for my wedding and had to get the dress dramatically altered. It depends on where you are holding the weight. I just stood in a friends wedding and I measured in 3 different sizes. (one size for my waist, a different for my hips and a different for the chest) I had to get the biggest size and then alter. Just have it in the back of your mind that even if you lose the weight, the dress still may not fit. I am not trying to sound negative, just realistic.
  • FutureMoore
    Options
    I do wish you luck with your goals. But I will say........ that's a huge amount of pressure.

Now is the wedding dress a "wedding dress" 8/10 or an actual size 8/10?

Because wedding dresses actually run a few sizes small.

It's true. My sister was a size 2 or 4 and she wore a size 8 wedding dress.

Well I Dont know exactly what size the dress itself is, however my sister tried it on to show me what it looks like and sent me a picture of it (she doesnt live closeby right now) and it fits her just right and she wears abotu 8-10 in normal shorts and jeans and a small tshirt size...Her and I have the same body structure and shape she just works out more than I do (she is inthe military) and I have been her size even smaller in the past so I am not worried about the dress not fitting me. so long as I lose the weight then I should have no problems fitting into the dress.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    In before some smug dbag comments on "loose."

I was thinking the same thing! :laugh:
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community and MFP. MFP has the tools and the motivation you need to succeed. Set up your program to lose your 50 lbs over the approximately 40 weeks. Personally I think that losing weight for one day to fit into a dress is not a good reason to lose weight.....but if it gets you to start losing weight then its not that bad. I just hope when you get to your goal weight you keep going and get super healthy and stay that way for life, not because you wanna fit into a dress but because you wanna be healthy and sexy because it makes you feel good. My advice to you
    1. Buy a kitchen scale, weigh and measure all your food
    2. Log everything you eat and stay within your calories allowed.
    3. Exercise and you will look good when the weight is gone, you will feel awesome (plus you can eat extra food when you exercise)
    4. Don't try to lose faster than your goal, you wanna lose fat not muscle.
    5. Request to add some friends from people you like post from in the forums. If you are feeling demotivated at anytime there are a lot of people that will help you get up and going again. Even when the people in your life are not supportive, the people in here are like minded, know what you are going through, and will motivate and support you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I dont plan on counting on anything but eating right and working out, however I know the antioxidents in the tea have been said to help digestion and speed up the metabolism. at least thats what I heard not sure how accurate the source was.. lol

nope!
  • dd4238
    dd4238 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am getting married in September! It is such an exciting time. I have weight to lose too, but not for my dress. My main goals are to get awesome arms and legs, hah, also to look great during the honeymoon. I'll add you. I currently have been counting calories and doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Let me know how the journey goes.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    inb4 miracle diet juice cleanse suffering
  • FutureMoore
    Options
    I Just want to say this too... I am human I make typos... I am not here to be criticized on how I misspelled something.. that is not what this is supposed to be about, this is not an english forum where grammer, punctuation, and spelling need to be perfect...this is a site that I seek help and motivation to meet my goal. I am new to this. So please, if all you're going to do is comment on a simple typo, that i have already corrected a long time ago. Please dont post anything. This post is serious I am looking for motivation and testimonies not judgements on a simple typo. Thank you
  • FutureMoore
    Options
    Welcome to the community and MFP. MFP has the tools and the motivation you need to succeed. Set up your program to lose your 50 lbs over the approximately 40 weeks. Personally I think that losing weight for one day to fit into a dress is not a good reason to lose weight.....but if it gets you to start losing weight then its not that bad. I just hope when you get to your goal weight you keep going and get super healthy and stay that way for life, not because you wanna fit into a dress but because you wanna be healthy and sexy because it makes you feel good. My advice to you
    1. Buy a kitchen scale, weigh and measure all your food
    2. Log everything you eat and stay within your calories allowed.
    3. Exercise and you will look good when the weight is gone, you will feel awesome (plus you can eat extra food when you exercise)
    4. Don't try to lose faster than your goal, you wanna lose fat not muscle.
    5. Request to add some friends from people you like post from in the forums. If you are feeling demotivated at anytime there are a lot of people that will help you get up and going again. Even when the people in your life are not supportive, the people in here are like minded, know what you are going through, and will motivate and support you.

Thank you so much! That really helps, I will add you for motivation. Oh I definitely want to lose the weight for more than just the dress. I saw way too many pictures from vacation that I did not like. The dress is just what is putting the fire under my butt because if I dont lose the weight and cant fit into that dress, we are in trouble lol. Then I plan on keeping the weight off because this is the heaviest I have ever been and I dont want to be here again.
  • FutureMoore
    Options
    Congrats! I am getting married in September! It is such an exciting time. I have weight to lose too, but not for my dress. My main goals are to get awesome arms and legs, hah, also to look great during the honeymoon. I'll add you. I currently have been counting calories and doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Let me know how the journey goes.

That is another factor I did leave out we are going to a beach for our honeymoon so thats another reason i need to lose the weight so that I can look awesome in a bikini and not try to keep myself covered all the time lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have not actually looked at the size of the dress I just know my sister typically wears an 8/10 in normal clothing...and I used to be that small but I got lazy and content then it got out of control. Once I start working out I have been known in the past to lose the weight pretty quick, just gotta find time to do it

Just speaking from experience and I have a friend who works at Alfred Angelo. Wedding dresses usually run small so if you wear a size 14 now you may need a size 18.

meh not sure about this honestly. I was a size 20 when I got married the first time and borrowed a friend's size 20 Alfred Angelo and it was enormous on me - to the point that it kind of ruined the photos. At the same time I wore 2X/3X tops and 20-22 jeans. Maybe for the misses sizing it's different though.
  • askcupid117
    askcupid117 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend! I too am trying to shed some weight before my wedding. Our date is Feb 12th, 2015. I can't wait! Good Luck! I know you can do it!
  • FutureMoore
    Options
    I have not actually looked at the size of the dress I just know my sister typically wears an 8/10 in normal clothing...and I used to be that small but I got lazy and content then it got out of control. Once I start working out I have been known in the past to lose the weight pretty quick, just gotta find time to do it

Just speaking from experience and I have a friend who works at Alfred Angelo. Wedding dresses usually run small so if you wear a size 14 now you may need a size 18.

meh not sure about this honestly. I was a size 20 when I got married the first time and borrowed a friend's size 20 Alfred Angelo and it was enormous on me - to the point that it kind of ruined the photos. At the same time I wore 2X/3X tops and 20-22 jeans. Maybe for the misses sizing it's different though.

I guess the better thing to say here is I am looking to be my sister's size, which I know i can be bcause have been before. Nice thing about being sisters we do have the same body structure :) so I want to be the same size as my sister to fit into her dress
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Here is my plan...
    Consume less than 1200 calories a day. Do the eat every two hours trick (breakfast, 2 hrs later snack, 2 hrs later lunch...etc) ABSOLUTELY NO SUGARS (except natural sugars like fruit), Portion control on the foods that may not be the healthiest options ( hopefully that is minimal), drink a gallon of water a day ( i have this jug that is half a gallon so i just drink two of those a day)
    As far as my plan for working out: I go to school full time (I am also graduating a week before my wedding in may 2015 with my BA in Business Admin/Marketing) Going to school has its perks of a free gym (a $2 Million Gym...its freakin nice) however i live 40 minutes away from school now because I just moved. So right now I can walk around the neighborhood and I have workout DVDs. However when school starts back up in mid August here will be my schedule....Monday and Weds work 08:30-03:00, Class 04:00-7:00 then go workout at the school grym from 07:15-08:30 then go home. Tuesday Thursday work 08:30-04:30 pm, Class 1 05:30-7:20, workout 07:30-08:15, Then Class 2 08:30-09:50, then go home. Then friday saturday and sunday i will work out at home or take those as break days.

Eating fewer than 1200 is unlikely to be wise unless you are quite short. Use of a fabulous gym sounds a great plan.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement. I think that you've set yourself a realistic goal. What's your plan to lose that weight?

(With the best of intentions, it's "lose" weight. I.e. you lose weight in order to have loose clothing).

Here is my plan...
    Consume less than 1200 calories a day. Do the eat every two hours trick (breakfast, 2 hrs later snack, 2 hrs later lunch...etc) ABSOLUTELY NO SUGARS (except natural sugars like fruit), Portion control on the foods that may not be the healthiest options ( hopefully that is minimal), drink a gallon of water a day ( i have this jug that is half a gallon so i just drink two of those a day)
    As far as my plan for working out: I go to school full time (I am also graduating a week before my wedding in may 2015 with my BA in Business Admin/Marketing) Going to school has its perks of a free gym (a $2 Million Gym...its freakin nice) however i live 40 minutes away from school now because I just moved. So right now I can walk around the neighborhood and I have workout DVDs. However when school starts back up in mid August here will be my schedule....Monday and Weds work 08:30-03:00, Class 04:00-7:00 then go workout at the school grym from 07:15-08:30 then go home. Tuesday Thursday work 08:30-04:30 pm, Class 1 05:30-7:20, workout 07:30-08:15, Then Class 2 08:30-09:50, then go home. Then friday saturday and sunday i will work out at home or take those as break days.

Doing less than 1200 calories, is never a good ideal and it's not sustainable!!! No reason to cut out sugar. I never did, see below.

You need to find your TDEE and do -20% of that, 1-2 pounds a week is a good healthy weight loss. Get a digital food scale and weigh all foods, use measuring cups for liquids. Remember slow and steady is the healthy way to go!!

Also read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • KimchiKiller
    KimchiKiller Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck! My friend just got married, and she's a size 16/18 and had to get a size 22/24 dress, but I don't remember the designer. I'm holding off on trying wedding dresses until I reach my goal weight of 160, so hopefully by January. I'm getting married next November, yay!!! Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • FutureMoore
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement. I think that you've set yourself a realistic goal. What's your plan to lose that weight?

(With the best of intentions, it's "lose" weight. I.e. you lose weight in order to have loose clothing).

Here is my plan...

Doing less than 1200 calories, is never a good ideal and it's not sustainable!!! No reason to cut out sugar. I never did, see below.

You need to find your TDEE and do -20% of that, 1-2 pounds a week is a good healthy weight loss. Get a digital food scale and weigh all foods, use measuring cups for liquids. Remember slow and steady is the healthy way to go!!

Also read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

That post is very helpful and informativet hank you so much :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I Just want to say this too... I am human I make typos... I am not here to be criticized on how I misspelled something.. that is not what this is supposed to be about, this is not an english forum where grammer, punctuation, and spelling need to be perfect...this is a site that I seek help and motivation to meet my goal. I am new to this. So please, if all you're going to do is comment on a simple typo, that i have already corrected a long time ago. Please dont post anything. This post is serious I am looking for motivation and testimonies not judgements on a simple typo. Thank you

you just have to get used to it, it'll happen, eeeeeevery time!

take the useful stuff you get, ignore the rest!
  • FutureMoore
    Options
    So what calorie goal is attainable? I only stated less than 1200 bc MFP said in order to lose 2lbs a week thats the daily calorie intake I needed.