How many calories should I eat a day to maintain my weight

Options
I'm 18 years old, 5'1, & I weigh 103-106 pounds. I go for a mile walk every day & workout every other day. I think I have a fairly high metabolism because I used to eat all the time & was literally never active & never got above 120, which wasn't overweight. I usually get around 16000 calories a day. Is that too much?

Replies

• Srendon1111
    Srendon1111 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If your maintaining and eating that amount then your fine. Mfp gives an estimate. Depending on your activity level outside of working out it's your body that determines your calorie goal. If you find you are starting to gain weight then cut back 100 calories. But again if your maintaining then you should be fine.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Is that too much?
    Only if your weight is going up steadily over an extended period of time (weeks not days).
    You haven't mentioned if your weight is changing.
  • K_Ave_Mann
    Options
    I would recommend that you consult a registered dietitian. That's what I did. She has a machine which measures all physical aspects and she gave me my recommended caloric intake per day and a weekly weight loss goal.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 years old, 5'1, & I weigh 103-106 pounds. I go for a mile walk every day & workout every other day. I think I have a fairly high metabolism because I used to eat all the time & was literally never active & never got above 120, which wasn't overweight. I usually get around 16000 calories a day. Is that too much?

16000 calories a day? I sure wish I could eat that and weigh 105.

Using Scoobys Calorie Calculator I input your data and selected 3-5 hrs week of moderate exercise and your TDEE (Daily calories to maintain weight) came out to be ~2026 cals.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

ETA: I am assuming you mean 1600 cals a day?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

I assume you mean 1600 calories. Not only would you be ridiculously overweight eating 16,000 calories a day; but you'd be broke as well.

Whats the goal here? Too much for what? Are you happy with your body composition?